XVIII. roses - گلاب

The flight back was much more mellow. While Rabail was still sniffing behind them in Asfandyar's arms. Zach had gotten her a window seat, but she was rather using him as her pillow. She had her head placed on his lap as luckily the person next to them didn't show up. Kabir, on the other hand, stayed back saying something about starting a solar power plant to facilitate the local business along with getting to know their grandfather more. She knew deep it was that search for someone in his life who wasn't tainted. A search to restore his own faith in relationships and family. She was happy that her grandfather was there for them, to give them all a shelter and love they were deprived of.

"Have you thought about what to do? Where to move? What to do with the firm?" He brushed away the hair from her face, tucking behind her ear. "I know you don't want to live in Felbar anymore. We can move somewhere closer so you can commute to work easily." Although he suggested to her, he knew she wanted to leave this place far behind.

She sat up in her seat, drawing her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them. She looked breathtaking and fragile. So young in that moment as if he was back in high school when the hardest and most fearful thing in their life was dating behind Asfandyar's back. Her hair was piled on her head in a bun, her face bare of her any makeup. Her nose was turning bright red due to the frosty atmosphere of the plane. The dainty chain was still hung around her neck. He took the blanket, wrapping at around her snug.

"I was thinking maybe I could let Esmie run the firm here on my behalf. She's been working with me since I started the firm. She knows how I run it or what projects I take. Also, she'll be getting her license soon so she can head the projects officially." He blinked her, biting her lips nervously. God, he just wanted to lean forward and kiss the hell out of her, but he wanted to let her talk, listen to what she had to say. "While I could branch out to Eveter. It'll almost be like starting from scratch again and making my name there, but I'm ready to do it."

"You want to move to Exeter?" He blinked, his eye wide open.

"Yes, if that's okay with you?"

"Sunshine, why wouldn't it be okay with me? Hell, I was about to pack my shit and follow you across the state, or country, or even across the world." His reassurance made her smile with ease dismissing away her nervousness.

"I usually work from home anyways most days so it won't be hard to manage the firm in Felbar. The new project I'm thinking of taking. It can be my start in Exeter. Rabail told me they have quite a big and integrated Muslim community in Exeter. I can contact the company and see if they want to start the project from there to built a mosque or an Islamic institution of a sort. I've already sent them an email to Esmie so she can reach out to people in Exeter and hire a team for me.

He was quite in awe, speechless and still staring at his wife with wide eyes in amazement. She wasn't just the woman he knew all his life or the fragile Ayla. Here in front of him was an Architectural Engineer who made business her bitch and became a damn amazing businesswoman.

"You amaze me, make me proud, shock me even, more and more with each passing day ." But still, his Ayla blushed just like she did years ago even at small compliments.

"I know it's going to be a hard move and tough start but I want to do it."

"Well, if it's something you want so you have all my support. Anything you need, your man is at your service. You don't even have to hire a legal team, you get one hot and ruthless lawyer for free." He leaned forward to kiss her as her cheeks turned tomato red.

"Gross!" Came the voice from behind them. "He is lying. I literally have never seen him at work. I'm sure he is a liar, not a lawyer." His voice almost jumped back, still bit shy at time when they were caught off guard.