XXVI. separation: ہجر

remember to comment and vote BabySisters 😂, please♥️
it means a lot

•••••

"Lala" He dropped his bag in the hallway. His brother and sister in law were sitting in their living room staring at the phone.

"Kabir." Rabail sighed as she got up, Asfandyar standing behind her.

"Bhabi." He nodded at her and his brother. "Lala."

"Kabir, you're here." He pulled him in a hug. "We can't find her, Kabir. She is gone. It's been a week. I don't know where she is."

"She'll be fine. She is our little kiddo. She is strong. We'll find her. Where is Zach?"

"Inside." Rabail shook her head. "Not in the right state. The doctor had to inject him a couple of days ago. Otherwise he literally almost got into accidents twice. Now he is just waiting for. He is losing his mind. If we don't find her soon, he might just lose his sanity."

"What did the police say?"

"The trackers went off and they can't find either of them. Reed is gone so is the car. Either Reed was complacent in all this or the person who's done it is very sharp. The car went off the highway so no camera view or anything." Asfandyar bent his head in his hands, covering his face.

"Damn it."

"We can't lose her. I can't lose her again. I just had her here. She was so happy. She doesn't deserve this." Asfandyar rubbed his face, trying to hold little hope and courage.

"We won't lose her." Rabail wrapped her arms around him. "Right, Kabir?" She looked up to him with so much hope even if he didn't have any he would have made false promises to both of them.

"We're going to bring her back, Lala. There is no way we can get rid of the annoying little Piggy-Tails that easily." Fuck. At least he hoped they wouldn't lose her. They had lost too much over time. He couldn't allow it anymore. He'd bring her back at any cost.

"Falak said she'll talk to her father. He's got a lot of contacts and see if he'll be able to do something. She's on her way." Rabail tried to grasp for any last stray of hope.

Both of the brothers nodded, yet the only thing on the forefront was fear itself. They had never won against their fate when it came to family. Now it felt like they were thrown a decade back as they were torn apart from each other one by one.

"I'm going to check on Zach okay?"

Rabail sensed the brothers needed the space to themselves for a while. She squeezed her husband's shoulder in reassurance before retreating to the guest room, only to find Zach still staring at the window like she had left him earlier.

"AYLA!" His eyes flashed with a sparkle of hope for a second when he heard the door.

"Sorry," She whispered as she pulled the chair and sat across from the bed. He didn't say anything, turning his head, he stared out the window.

She stared at him for a few long moments. He seemed to have forgotten she was there. He was calm, quiet, like the ocean they said right before a storm that wreck everything, but there was no peace within that stillness, just like his eyes. This man was suffering in silence, so much pain that he lost whatever fight in him was. It was terrifying to see a man like him so eerily quiet when his world was slipping from his hands and falling apart. She wanted her best friend back, the one she could yell sense into, she wanted Ayla's angry husband back so he could go tear the world apart to find her, but this... She didn't know what to do with him? It was literally as if someone had taken his soul out of his body.