XXVIII. lover: ہم نفس

"LET ME GO!" He pushed against the men holding him away from the door. "I NEED TO SEE MY WIFE!" He had heard the gunshot. His heart was beating erratically. What if something happened to her? He kicked the man in the shin and found his escape. He was about to put it all in risk, but he needed to see her.

"Ayla!" He glanced around frantically. There were too many people swarming the Garage. She pushed through. "Ayla!" There was blood on the floor. His body gasped in a cold shook. He went around Nick, Rayyan was holding someone down on the ground. Ayla was in the chair, her legs tied, her head hung down, hair falling on her face. No. He froze. No. His organs contorted in pain within his body. "AYLA!" He fell on his knees in front of her. Her body moved a little. He was able to breathe.

"Z." She looked up, hair falling away from her face. "You're here." She sighed. Her breathing was uneven.

"Yes." Someone had cut the zip ties from her legs. He pushed away the hair from her face. Her eyes were red, deprived of sleep, encircled with the tiredness of a week and a half. Her lips had turned pale. "Are you okay?" He scanned her shirt which had dried stains of blood.

"Not mine."

He turned, watching the woman who made their life a living hell. Her arm was bleeding. They had shot the gun out of her hand before she could pull the trigger on Ayla. Now, Rayyan held her down on the floor, cuffing her hands behind her back. Zach gritted his teeth, his gaze fell on the spare gun fallen at Ayla's feet. It was a split-second decision when he picked it up and aimed it the woman held down. He was going to kill her, for each and every second his wife was torture. He was going to put bullet for each day Ayla was put through the pain. He was going to fucking kill this damn woman.

"ZACH! NO!" Ayla and Rayyan shouted.

"She deserves to die. She doesn't deserve to breathe." He was a moment away from pulling the trigger and end it all.

"Z. No." Ayla had her arms around him. "This is an easy death for her. She needs to bear the consequences of what she did to us. She needs to rot in prison." She put her her cold, shaking hands around his face. His anger seeping through his pores. He wanted to tear that woman in shreds with his bare hands. "Her blood is not worth it. Her father deserved each and every slash of that stab, but the act itself still terrifies me. I can feel the blood on my hand. It's not worth it Z. Let it go. Please. For me."

She was the only reason the gun fell from his hand.

"It's not worth it, baby!" She leaned forward, putting her forehead on his. "I'm here and I'm okay."

"I'm going to drag her to court and throw her in solitary confinement." He spat his words, still trying to control his hands from reaching out towards the gun.

"Do it. Make her suffer, but through the court of law." She kissed his forehead. "Take me out of here. It's been too long."

He interlaced his hands with hers. Something so trivial yet he suffered so much through that time apart just to have her within his reach, just to hold her hand once. He wounded his other arm around her waist, helping her stand. Nick and his team had taken Hajra as she screamed profanities at them.

"Ayla." Rayyan took a step towards her. "You scared us all, woman." He pulled her towards himself in a hug.

"Thank you for keeping his safe and sane." She hugged him as she looked at her husband who was still standing there burning red in anger.

"It was a tough job, but we all did it." He smiled, punching his friend in his arm. "Go rest up. I'll reach out to you for your statement when you're ready okay? Most likely I'll see you back in Exeter. I'll go fill out papers to move her to Exeter so we can have the case there."