Chapter 8

His truck is on its side. I just noticed the cars.
"Are you okay baby!" I say.
"I'm fine. A drunk driver hit me." He says. "My leg is cut though." He says and shows a long cut not that deep down his calf.
"I'm so glad you are okay." I say. I just want to hug and kiss him.
"I miss you." He says sitting down on the grass.
"I miss you too." I say.
"I can't do this Jordan." He says. "I can't stop thinking about you."
"I can't either. I can't wait months to see you!" I say.
"I promise I will see you soon." He says and kisses his screen. I do the same. "Love you and tell Rose I love and miss her too. Bye."
"I will. Love you bye."
.........
First practice.
The team doesn't treat me like a girl which I like.
"Hey Luck."
"What's up John?!" I say and smile.
"Nothin'." He says and smiles at me. I've made really good friends with John and Tom. Pretty good dudes. It's fun to be put back as one of the guys again.
"So. How's your little boyfriend doing?" Tom asks and laughs. Tom in 23 and John is 19 which is really close to my age.
"He's great." I say and bite my lip. I haven't got to talk to him for awhile and because of the moving and everything. He calls Rose every night but I'm usually making dinner and studying the playbook.
"Ohhh the lip bite!" John says and starts laughing as we walk into the locker rooms to change.
"I miss him okay?!" I say. It makes me sad just thinking about him. "Can we please talk about something else?!"
"No more lover boy talk?" Connor says
"Shut up!" I say and cross my arms over my chest.
"I'm playing with you, little baby!" He says and puts me in a headlock. It reminds me of Nolan. I turn to my locker and suck in a deep breath trying not to let the tears fall. The guys weren't doing what they should and then we have to run around the field 4 times which pisses me off.
"Hey Luck! Your phone is ringing!" Coach yells. I run over to my bag. I look at it. Rose.
"Is everything okay?" I ask.
"Your going to be play Daddy's team!" She screams.
"I know sweetie." I say. I have to hate my husband. Great.
"Your first game! Which is in a month!" She says. I want to freak out.
That's great!" I yell and do a mini jump up and down.
"I can't wait to see daddy." She says.
"Me either." I say and try to hold in a smile. I knew I was going to play the Jets but not my first game!
"I'll see you later mom! I got to do homework." She says.
I bought a two bedroom apartment for us. The empty bed haunts me. I need to feel the warmth of his body and its not there which scares me.
"Bye." I say and hang up. Ugh. I need him. The rest of practice in normal drills.
"Why can you check your phone but I can't check mine?" John asks me.
"She has a child dipshit." Tom say smacking him in the back of the head.
"Hey little girls stop fighting!" Coach yells at the two boys.
"He started it!" They yell.
"Are you sure we are in peewee football anymore?" I ask.
"I wonder sometimes." Coach says.
After practice I go home and see Rose.
"I can't wait to see daddy again!" Rose says as she hugs me.
"Me either." I mumble.
Jay P.O.V.
Flashback
"Jay!" I hear Jordan yell.
"Yes?" I ask. She runs into the locker room of the Elementary school smiling.
"I got an A on my English test!" She says and hugs me.
"Good job!" I say.
"So what are you doing after school?" Jordan asks sitting on the bench as I put on my shoulder pads.
"Me and Michael are going to go to the park so if you want you can come." I say. Her eyes wonder around the room.
"Okay. Where is the rest of the guys?" Jordan ask.
"Coach wants to practice with me alone today."
"Oh. Okay." She says and stands up. She's just my height. "I'll see you later then!" She calls out and walks out of the room.
End of flashback
"Dude!" Kanden yells at me.
"What?!" I say.
"Are you nervous?" He asks me.
"Sort of." I say.
"I promise it doesn't hurt that bad." He says as we walk into the tattoo shop. Yeah I bet your tattoo arm sleeves say other wise. "Do you know what your going to get?" He asks.
"Nope." I say and flip through the tattoo books. I flip through binders of pictures as Kanden gets a tattoo skull on his shoulder blade. I just don't see one I like. "This one."