17) Phil

It's three in the afternoon; Addi has been gone for two days, when our landline rings. I've only just picked it up after running to the phone when Dan slides in, panting. "Who is it?" He asks.

I hold up a finger as I answer timidly, "Hello?"

"Yes is this Philip Lester or Daniel Howell? This is the LPD. We have some information on your friend Addi. We may have found her." A deep voice replies.

"We'll be right there." I say, suddenly breathless. I speak to Dan, "That was the police. They might have found Addi."

<><><><>

Dan and I rush into the police station. "We're Dan Howell and Phil Lester. We were called about our friend Addi?" Dan says quickly.

The fat, bored looking man behind the desk looks up at us slowly. "Right, okay. Second door on the right."

We walk (more of a jog) down the hall and I knock on the door. We enter when a voice from the inside calls out.
The room itself is bare, white walls, light grey tile floors, white blinds, black desk, but along the desk are pictures and on the window there's potted flowers. Behind the desk is a woman with dark hair and tan skin. She has on her uniform but her belt is draped over the back of her chair and her cap is in her right hand. In the corner is a small cot, there's a small figure, curled up tightly under a thin red blanket.

"Hello boys. I'm Courtney Dallas, and I understand your friend Addi went missing two days ago. Please, sit." She says, her voice is calming, but I'm still tense.

"Yes, ma'am. The man on the phone said you found her?" Dan asks, his voice tight.

"We believe so. Of course there are questions. You've answered some of these already. We have to ask them." She says shuffling papers. "How do you know Addi?"

I answer first. "Dan met her at an airport in America, they became friends and I met her when she came to visit about four months ago."

Dan nods but his eyes are trained on the curled figure.

"Did you ever or do you have a sexual relationship with Addi?" Courtney makes eye contact with both of us.

I shake my head and Dan opens his mouth to speak, closes and then starts to talk. "Addi and I have kissed a couple of times, once on a dare, and I thought there was something once but no. Never officially." He sounds almost sad saying the last two sentences. Does he like her?

Ms. Dallas begins to ask us another question but the girl on the cot starts shaking and whimpering. "Addi?" Dan whispers.

Of course it would be her. Dan walk over to her in three long strides and rubs her back. He plays with her hair while murmuring things to her that no one could hear. She rolls on her back and when she sees Dan, she cowers back and hits the wall. "Please." She whispers.

In that moment my heart shattered; I realized that she had been through things I didn't want to think about. I don't know how Dan felt, but it must've been worse because tears ran out of his chocolate brown eyes like it was a race. "Addi, it's me, Dan. I won't hurt you."

She just whimpers and scoots father away and curls up tighter. Her hair is greasy and limp, now covering her face.
Courtney stands. "Boys will you please come with me." We stood and exited her office.

"She's undergone some terrible things. You can't be hurt if she does that because she might have trust issues with men for a while. She also might have flash backs and all you can do is comfort her." We both nod. "I'll go get one of her nurses and we'll try to talk to her. Hey, cheer up. Things could've been very worse."

A/N:

Heyya guys! So I was almost done with this chapter and I dropped my phone in the toilet two days ago, but I put it in rice and everything's good now!

Thank you so much for all the reads because they've been coming in recently! I'm still asking for five votes before the next update, so do that.

I'll talk to y'all later! Love you bunches!

xoxo ~addigator