30) Addi

“I’m going to kill you.” I say into Dan’s phone. Holy crap. We almost kissed. What?

“Oooh! What happened!” Emma answers me with a voice that sounded strangely like a middle school girl’s.

“Well…” I trail off only to be encouraged by girly pleads. I lean up against a tree and brace for her response. “We almost kissed.”

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry I called! Cat! They almost kissed! I’m so sorry I called.” Emma answers most likely filling in the female YouTubers that are huddled around her waiting for news. Dan and I have become one of the big ships between YouTubers and fans alike. Of course there’s the phan shippers, I was one too once upon a time, but not anymore obviously.

I sigh and rub my neck. “Yeah why’d you do that?”

“Oh, I’m going to be spending the night in another room and I won’t be to ours until about ten tomorrow.” She answers my question seeming guilty.

I turn back to look at Dan; his head is turned away from me, letting me look at his silhouetted profile against the moon. I can’t make out details but I’d know it was him anywhere. “Okay thanks. I’ll be sure to hang your bras in the lobby as revenge.”

She laughs. “You do and I shave your eyebrows.”

I giggle. “Alright. No revenge, yet. Bye, Em.”

“Don’t be having too much fun in that room all alo-” I hang up, cutting off the next line. Walking back to Dan, I help him up. I suggest a movie and we walk back to the hotel, hand in hand.

“You get the movie ready, I’m going to go get some joggers.” Dan breaks the comfortable silence in the elevator.

“Good, because I want to take off my makeup.” I respond. “Hurry back.” I call as he steps out onto his floor.

He grins his stupid little dimpled grin and says, “I will.”

The doors slide close and I hit my head against the wall. What is going on with me? It’s like I’m a teenager mooning over him again. Exiting the elevator, I unlock my room and immediately throw off my dress and heels in exchange for a Hogwart’s hoodie, Micky Mouse shorts and fuzzy fox socks. After I plug in my phone, I wash my face and trade my contacts and braided updo for my glasses and a messy bun. I’m just scrolling through Netflix on my computer when theres a knock on the door.

Okay, okay, be cool. Why am I so nervous all of a sudden? I’ve known Dan for years, and I know he likes me. Is it because I think I like him back? Oh my gosh what is my life?

“Addi? Am I going to have to go back to Phil?” He calls through the door and knocking again.

I rush over and pull it open. “Sorry, I zoned out.” He chuckles and I run back over to my bed and jump onto it. Dan takes the more normal approach and walks then sits on it.

“You’re boring.” I say and he laughs. “What do you want to watch?”

He hums and points to a cover on the screen. “That.”

“I haven’t seen this in ages.” I click on the movie and get up to turn off the light. I climb under the covers next to Dan as it finally loads. Wifi is pretty crap in a hotel full of internet addicts.

He looks over at me and I question why. “You’re so far away.” He answers and pulls me up next to him. “Much better.”

“Subtle.” I tease but snuggle closer. He’s warm and smells so good, like holy cow. It should be illegal for someone to smell this good. Do I smell good? I hope so. I can’t stand it when people don’t smell good, much less myself. Okay. Movie. Concentrate on the movie. On Charlie’s problems, not how close you are to Dan and how nice he smells or how soft his shirt is. Right. Movie. Got it.