The Words that were Written

Author's Note: I feel less like a serial killer after this chapter...that is all.

-lies4theliars

When the Yard arrived, Lestrade was furious. He began screaming at Sherlock about Jamie's death and going as far as to accuse him of endangering Tessa's life. Sherlock spent most of the night, explaining to Lestrade what exactly had happened between Tessa, Moriarty, and Sherlock himself, while a paramedic stitched up his back where the lion had slashed at it. Tessa was fine, mostly just shaken up, and she had her arm set and put into a proper cast. When John arrived, that was when Sherlock had to worry. The man looked positively livid. When Lestrade was finished talking to him, Sherlock watched as John walked towards him and before he could even get a word out to John, he was punched right across the jaw. Sherlock went flying back, hitting his head on the bumper of the ambulance.

"John, he just received stitches!" Lestrade yelled as he ran back towards Sherlock, helping him up and letting him sit down on the edge of the ambulance once more. Sherlock felt the back of his head. Nothing was wrong with it, probably just slight bruising.

"What the hell were you thinking, John?" Lestrade yelled.

"What was I thinking? I was thinking that this selfish bastard put Tessa in danger on the same damn night when Jamie died! He doesn't even care! He too concerned with how own god damn case to even care that she died!" John yelled, letting out all of his frustrations on Sherlock.

"It wasn't his fault, John. He did what he had to. In fact, he saved me. He let Moriarty...let the lion cut his back in order to save me." Tessa said.

Sherlock nodded his head at her, silently thanking her for not mentioning the fact that he and Jim had kissed. He knew that Jim wouldn't have understood the way that Tessa did. Tessa simply smiled at Sherlock and nodded her head back at him. Perhaps Jim was right. Tessa and him did have much in common. Though she was mostly silent, unless voicing her opinion during the case or talking to Dynah and Jamie when she was still alive, she understood him every time. Was able to predict what he was going to do, and this was why she understood what they kiss meant now, where as John and Dynah wouldn't have understood.

"Give him a break, John." Dynah said. "Though he may not want to admit it, he feels the same about this as we do."

John looked angrily at Sherlock, before turning away from them, Dynah following after him, while Tessa stayed with Sherlock. Lestrade still had a few questions for them. Though they had gone through the rather complicated things first. It was hard to explain how all the people died, when Sherlock and Tessa hadn't seen it, only heard it. There wasn't much evidence left either, only some or parts of the bodies remaining. Jim had gone full out tonight, making a river of blood run through London. Sherlock watched as Anderson and Donovan approached and he sighed, getting ready to listen to their idiocy and their attempts at accusing him of doing all of this. However Tessa stood up and walked over to them, blocking them from coming closer to Sherlock.

"Oh look if it isn't the miniature freak." Anderson said, crossing his arms of his chest.

"Did you help the freak over there kill all these people?" Donovan asked, smirking.

"Listen. I've had a long tiring day. My best friend died today. I was then kidnapped by a psychopath who forced me to choose between my life or Sherlock's. I jumped off a building thinking that I was going to die when I hit the ground instead of breaking my arm. I then had to stand in a room and listen to 25 people die. So please, go away. Leave Sherlock alone, because really your lives a worth a lot less than mine. So go back to your little cubicles at the Yard and stay away from all the residents from 221B Baker Street!" Tessa said, holding back the anger that was rising inside of her.

Sherlock watched as Anderson moved to take a step forward and she blocked his path right away, not allowing him to move past her. Even as Donovan tried to move past her, Tessa held onto the woman's wrist and gave her a look that Sherlock assumed was frightening as Donovan and Anderson backed away from her and turned around to walk away from her. Tessa soon turned back and walked over to Sherlock again, sitting beside him on the rim of ambulance.

"I really hate those two." Tessa mumbled.

Sherlock couldn't help but to laugh and soon enough, Tessa was laughing as well. Lestrade and some other members of the Yard looked at them strangely but they chose to ignore it, and just enjoy the simply moment of happiness they had. When their laughter died down, Tessa turned to look at Sherlock.

"You really do care that Jamie died, don't you?" Tessa asked him.

"I do. But you have to understand that I'm not used to feeling empathy, or sadness. My life is surrounded by death." Sherlock admitted.

"No one close to you has died, Sherlock. Or nobody who you related with. You're telling me you wouldn't be upset if John died?" Tessa asked.

"I know I would be." Sherlock stated.

"So then this is no different." Tessa smiled.

"For a 16 year old girl, you surely are far too smart for your age." Sherlock smirked.

"So I've been told."

"Perhaps Jim was right, maybe we are alike." Sherlock said.

"We are, but let's not admit Jim was right, especially after tonight."

"You're taking everything rather well." Sherlock stated, looking at the girl strangely.

"I'm putting the case before my mourning." Tessa admitted.

"Why?"

"Because I know this is what Jamie would want. What everyone would die would want. For Jim to be caught." Tessa said, looking away from Sherlock.

Tessa and Sherlock sat there for awhile, Sherlock attempting to pull out a cigarette before Tessa snatched it out of his mouth and tossed it to the ground. Eventually the both of them ended up walking home to 221B. They didn't take a cab, didn't talk during the walk, but instead used the time to clear their heads before they came back to their lives in 221B. Sherlock was the first to walk in, seeing John sitting on his laptop typing, while Dynah was sitting by the window, simply reading from a book. Tessa looked at Sherlock and mouthed the word 'apologize' before moving to go up into her bedroom.

"John." Sherlock said.

"What do you want, Sherlock?" John asked, rubbing his temples.

"I wanted to apologize. I do care." Sherlock said, before walking away.

"Thank you, Sherlock." John smiled slightly before going back to his blog.

Everyone ignored Dynah who they all thought was reading simply. However she was staring at the message she had found in her book, eyes wide, not sure what to do. There was black in sprawled across all the original print of her book, the words scratchy and sloppy.

"I'm so bored and I plan to make things a living hell for you all. You're next Dynah. I've gotten to Jamie. I've gotten to Tessa. You're the last one. I'm sure we'll have lots of fun. Oh and don't tell Sherlock, John, or Tessa about this. We would want to put a nasty hole in the middle of their eyes now would we? I'll see you soon. JM xx"