The Reichenbach Fall

Author's Note: I'm sorry. I am just really really sorry.

Love,

lies4theliars

Jim Moriarty had kept quiet since the incident in Regent's Park. Sherlock, Tessa, and Dynah had taken John to the hospital. Luckily the bullet had only grazed John's leg. Though it would leave a scar, it was better than John not being able to walk properly ever again. John was released from the hospital later that day, though he did have to use a cane for the time being, in order to not put pressure on his wound. John didn't seem to mind, however Dynah felt extremely guilty for the events that had occurred, even though John and Tessa both assured her that it was not her fault, seeing as Jim had a knife pressed against her throat and forced her to do it. Sherlock was growing rather agitated. John and him had solved the case of the missing Turner painting of The Reichenbach Falls, which was earning him much unwanted attention from others, including the media. He had already been drawing much attention from them, but this had simply pushed it to the extreme. They even went so far as to corner Tessa and Dynah at their school and John at his work. Sherlock was extremely frustrated with it, and worse of all, Moriarty had been quiet.

John, Tessa, and Dynah considered this a blessing, seeing as they were able to hold a memorial for for Jamie in their spare time. It had been a rather small ceremony. Mrs. Hudson, John. Tessa, Dynah, Molly, Mycroft and Lestrade. It had been quiet, almost eerily quiet. It made Sherlock feel on edge and he couldn't help to look around to make sure that none of them were being watched by Moriarty's men.

Right now Sherlock, John, Tessa, and Dynah were sitting inside of 221B. All of them were silent, not saying one word to each other. John was typing on his computer, mind slipping in and out of focus, while Tessa was reading over her chemistry book. Dynah had her headphones in, listening to music and tuning everyone out. There were reporters waiting outside of the flat, that were making Sherlock lose his mind. He wished that all of them would just disappear. Sherlock heard footsteps coming up towards their flat. His ears perked up and he walked over to the door, seeing a girl, 18 years of age, smiling up at him. Sherlock eyed her skeptically.

"How did you get in here? Let alone make it past the reporters." Sherlock asked, blocking the girl from getting into the apartment.

"I'm here because I have a case for you, and just because I'm small, doesn't mean I don't know how to fight my way through a crowd and pick a lock." she smirked.

Sherlock looked over the girl. He had gotten her age right. Despite her small size, it was obvious that she was 18. She had long, nearly black hair that was cut into a full fringe. She wore a simple navy blue sweater, with a white shirt underneath it and a pair of dark jeans. Nothing about her screamed extraordinary, but Sherlock believed that to be the look she was attempting for. He was able to tell instantly that she did not have a case for them and that she was in fact a reporter. Sherlock blocked the entrance to their flat when the woman tried to step inside. She smiled up at him, not looking offended in the slightest.

"Do you not care for my case, Sherlock Holmes?"

"I would. If there was one.You're a reporter, nothing more. Leave. Now." Sherlock demanded.

"You truly are clever, Sherlock. I'm assuming you were able to tell that I was a reporter because of how my hair fell on my shoulder." the girl laughed. "The name is Sylvia Peters. Remember the name, because I can either ruin you or save you in the future." Sylvia smirked.

"I highly doubt that you of all people is going to be my saviour or downfall. Now remove yourself from this building." Sherlock said, glaring at the woman.

Sylvia nodded her head and she quickly turned on her heel and made her way down the stairs and out of his flat. When Sherlock turned back around, Tessa, Dynah, and John were all looking at him questioningly, wondering who was at the door.