Chapter 13

"Come and get me" The hero said in a threatening tone, frightening the villain. 

"Looks like there's no need for us to fight, as expected" Todoroki said. I realized I still had my arms wrapped around his torso, and I quickly pulled back from the male, pink dusting my cheeks momentarily. 

"Come on guys, we should get out of here." Kirishima stated. I nodded and turned around, only to be stopped by other villains who seemed to have recovered and are back on their feet, glaring at us. 

"Well, never mind..." I muttered, lazily raising my fists. 

"All Might can take care of the main bad guys, we can help the others." I nodded again at the red head, bouncing lightly on the back of my feet. 

I detected movement behind me, and I looked over my shoulder to realize Deku left the group, and charged at the villains who headed for All Might. Fist raised, he was close to landing a blow on the mist guy, but at the very last second, a hand warped through and was inches away from his face. A hair away, and Deku would've been dead on the spot of it wasn't for the bullet that pierced through the villains hands. My eyes widened. All eyes were directed to the group that entered the building. 

"Sorry we're late everyone!"  An animal of some sort spoke, which I recognized as principle Nezu, followed by a gang of pro heroes. 

"I, Iida, have now returned!" The dramatic moment made me smile, and seeing all of the pro heroes faces had me more than reassured. It made me feel safe. I don't know why, but I fell to my knees and I placed a hand on my chest, feeling the rapid beats of my heart. 

"Guys! He said to gather at the gate!" Kirishima said. 

"(Y/N), get u- why are you crying?" I glanced up at Bakugo, who had Todoroki standing beside him. 

"What do you mean?" I lifted my hand and touched my face. Warm tears were streaming down. I looked down at my wet hand. 

"I-I don't know..." I squeezed my eyes shut and opened them again, only to find Todoroki with an outstretched hand. I took his hand and he helped me up. 

"She can get up herself, you know." Bakugo said roughly, crossing his arms and looking away. 

Chuckling softly, I quickly wiped away my tears and thanked Todoroki. We began following Kirishima to the gate in silence, thoughts wrapped around everyone's minds. 

I glanced back at where Deku lay, only to find a wall blocking my view. I swept away my concern for him, reminding myself that he was getting help.

We regrouped with the rest of our class, which was a relief to me. I quietly spoke to my classmates as we were all guided outside. 

"Turns out, they were all just hooligans..." Tokoyami said. 

"Most of them, yeah. I'm assuming they were all low status criminals, like purse snatchers." I put in, which they nodded to. 

"They underestimated us 'cause we're kids!" Kirishima said boldy. 

"Where... Do you think I was?" Aoyama said, coming out of nowhere. I jumped in fright and looked at the blonde. 

"Uh, I, don't know, where?" I said breathlessly. 

He chuckled. "It's a secret." 

"Let's have the students return to their classroom." A detective said. 

"What about Aizawa sensei?" Tsu asked, in which the detective pulled out a recording which listed all of the injuries our teacher sustained. I grimaced as I pictured him, lying unconscious in a bed, plastered with injuries. 

"What about Midoriya?!" Uraraka cried, worry framing her eyes. The detective reassured her, saying that recovery girls Quirk is enough for him. I smiled in relief. 

"Well, you all better get to class now." 

The class was loaded on the bus and soon, we were heading back. The whole ride was quiet, no one spoke. I had my fingers laced together and my hands were in my lap.

"Looks like we're here" Someone said, which we all took the cue to head inside U.A.

The sun was setting, making the building glisten in bright gold. I didn't pay attention to the beauty, and everyone was still quiet as we were inside, walking through the halls. I spoke with Momo and Jiro, who told me their side of the story, and I told them mine. 

"That's amazing, you guys were so brave! You too, Kaminari!" I complimented, looking back at the male who was beside Kirishima and Bakugo. 

"Thanks,  (Y/N)! Although you were amazing and brave too!" Jiro said, which I gave her a friendly fist bump. 

I looked out the windows that let the golden sun shine through, and my heart fluttered for a second. I smiled.