Chapter 55

It's been a little over a week since the news about us students participating in the battle against Keres was announced, and since then I spent a lot of time coming up with many thoughts and conclusions.

I thought it made sense to let the students fight alongside the heroes since many of us have been in battle before, some more than others. Considering how we have fought in the U.S.J incident, and it went really well for a bunch of students that had no battle experience, the only casualties coming from our teachers who risked the most that day.

Which led me to the thought that students wouldn't be at such a risk when the heroes are there to protect the students and take most of the risks. I felt reassured by that since that would mean the risk of being injured by Keres would decrease. I underestimated the heroes and began to put more faith and hope in them.

There hasn't been an announcement on Keres's actions or any updates regarding the situation, nor was there any set date on when the battle would begin. It made me anxious not knowing which day would be the battle day, but nonetheless, I waited.

I made sure to utilize every day to its fullest potential to help Deku, Todoroki and Bakugo with their training so that they're prepared and ready when the time comes, and for the most part, it was difficult as hell.

Having to fight against powerful Quirks was extremely difficult, especially since they inflict a lot of damage- Bakugo's Quirk was a pain in the butt to dodge and block against since its explosions were so huge.

Other than that, everything was steady except for the fact that I was slowly losing my mind. This whole lockdown thing made me feel trapped, and I just wanted to go outside, but the training that I did with Bakugo, Todoroki and Deku really helped me cope.

And now here I am, peeking from around the corner as the class was gathered around Aizawa, listening to the new information that the heroes gathered.

A heavy sigh slipped from Aizawa before he shifted the papers around. "(Y/N), if you want to listen then join in. There's no reason for you to hide anymore."

I sheepishly nodded before scurrying over to an empty side of the table, staring at the blueprints and papers that contained Keres's hideout.

"And so, following this road here we'll create a diversion from point A, then the heroes will take it on from point C-"

"Wait, Aizawa. Can I see this one?" I took the blueprint from his hands, not waiting for his response.

My eyebrows furrowed as I inspected the sheet further, then turned it around and showed it to Bakugo. "Doesn't this remind you of the League of Villains hideout? Or maybe it's just me..."

The blond squinted before a flash of realization crossed his red eyes. "Yeah. It does. Does this mean that bastard is with the League?"

My teacher snatched the blueprint from my hands and analyzed it closely. "How do you know?"

"When Bakugo and I were kidnapped during the training camp. They took us to their hideout, and since we were held there for a couple of hours I got a good look at it all, and that looks identical to it. Maybe... maybe it's the same location?"

Aizawa shook his head, pointing to a red dot on a map that marked the city. "This is located here. The place where you and Bakugo were kidnapped is here, 10 kilometres away. What's odd is the fact that you find the layouts similar..."

"They're probably made by the same company. There's no way that Keres is linked to the League, right?" It looked like Aizawa didn't have an answer to Bakugo's statement, and we all stood in silence as that thought pondered over us.

"Keres hasn't had any assistance or help in each of his attacks, so the chance of the League being associated with Keres just decreased. We shouldn't get too worked up just because these two buildings have the same layouts. Let's get back to the strategy." He cleared his throat before rolling up the blueprint and tucking it away.

I listened as Aizawa discussed all the possible strategies and tactics that they may have to use, and he described them all in such detail with a monotonous voice, I was dozing off the entire time, snapping awake and nodding vigorously when Aizawa says my name, eventually giving up.

I didn't need to pay attention because I knew that I couldn't participate in the battle, so I figured all the information was useless to me. By the time he was finished, the side of my face was flat on the table, my mouth hanging open as soft snores sounded.

"...(Y/N), wake up." I stayed asleep. He sighed and turned to everyone else. "That is all. You are all dismissed. Don't forget to practise as much as you can. I'll let you all know when the date is set, it should be soon." Aizawa was the last to leave with all the papers in his hand, Todoroki, Deku and Bakugo were the remaining ones.

"Wake the idiot up. I need her to help me with training. I'm so close to perfecting the blaster impact. I don't think I would have made so much progress on that move if it wasn't for her..." Bakugo commented, a genuine smile on his lips. Not a teasing smirk or evil grin, but a soft smile.

As soon as Deku neared me, I raised my head and smiled back at him. "Really Bakugo? Did you just say that?"

His smile faltered into a frown as he hugged and turned his head away. "Shut up. Anyways, let's go, I'm getting anxious." I rolled my eyes and stretched, taking the lead as the three of them followed me to the gym.