Chapter 25

Tapping my foot repeatedly with crossed arms, I waited for Snipe's attention.

"What do you want?" He questioned with a bored tone, not raising his gaze from the papers. Actually, it was hard to tell if he was looking at me most of the time since he never takes off his mask. I wonder if he sleeps in it?

"I want answers in regards to the incident yesterday... Why did you prioritize the villain over the people in the bank? You said it was rule number one." He lifted his head. I finally caught his attention.

"(Y/N), it's practically common sense and almost every other hero follows these rules. If you capture the villain first, you can prevent many other people from facing the same fate. Why are you worrying anyways? Reinforcements saved everyone, and I'm sure the worst injury was a burn." I didn't like that answer.

"But shouldn't the lives of people be more important than a villain? I mean, sure you might catch the villain sooner and prevent future disasters, but those people shouldn't die or suffer because the heroes were too busy playing cat and mouse with villains!" I retorted. Snipe placed his hands on his desk and stood up.

I made him angry. "(Y/N), if you can't accept and play by the rules that heroes have for decades now, then you aren't fit to become one yourself."

I took a step forward. "But-but it just doesn't-"

"I HEARD ENOUGH, LEAVE!" I blinked then stomped away, slamming the door with all my might when I left his office. I should've gone back to studying the book on weapons and their uses, an assignment given to me by Snipe, though I lost the mood to do anything.

I kicked the foot of my bed, cringing and hopping on one foot when I stubbed my toe. It just didn't feel right. I thought that was what being a hero is all about, saving people with a smile and letting them know it's going to be okay, but I guess I thought wrong.

The last few days of the internship were nothing more than patrolling and hero assignments. Snipe and I spoke to each other only when it was necessary, and I wanted out of his agency. It was a dread following his orders, and I didn't feel the same respect towards him as I did on my first day. Hell, I stopped looking up to him in all.

My wish came true as I waved a solemn hand, watching the taxi that held Snipe drive away. It felt like chains were released from my wrists as I wasn't under the impression of Snipe anymore.

A sweet relief.

Classes resumed tomorrow, so I headed home with my luggage. I swung the door open and walked in. "Hi honey, I missed you! how was your internship?" My mom asks, showering me with hugs and kisses.

"It was fine, mom." I gently pushed her off and headed towards my room. I wanted to be alone and think. I left my luggage in the corner and sat on the edge of my bed.

Now I was concerned about my encounter with Kurogiri and Snipe's 'rules' and 'hero ways'. I pulled my phone out and began searching for anything that linked to the League of Villains, anything that could help me understand them a little more; especially Kurogiri.

The moment I press search, my phones flooded with news about a 'hero killer'. The more I read, the more my leg bounces in worry.

... with the involvement of three U.A. High school students, Midoriya Izuku, Todoroki Shoto, and Iida Tenya, the Hero Killer is under the restriction of the police...

I stop reading and dial Deku's number... No response.

I dial Todoroki's number... No response.

Maybe Iida knows if they're all right... I don't have his number.

I run a hand through my hair and set my phone aside. Throwing myself on my back, I figured I would have to wait until tomorrow to see my friends, they probably got injured. My head ached with the thoughts and questions, and one question specifically: I'm Quirkless so why would the League of Villains want me, instead of someone like Todoroki who has amazing powers?

Maybe it's because they think I'm weak? Or easy to manipulate? No, none of those answers... Possibly, it could be some reason that had to do with the U.S.J attack?

I shook my head, convincing myself that I was overthinking. I let the issue go, sure that it was all just one big coincidence and silly encounter, sure that the League of Villains wanted nothing from me, and just looking for extra people to join their crew.

Sighing, I brushed all my thoughts away as I slipped into an uneasy sleep, completely unaware of the pair of yellow eyes that peered through my window.