Chapter 47

My foot tapped the floor and my chin rested on my hands as I sat in my room. It's been three days since the principle ordered a lockdown, and it was all that people were talking about whether it was online or in the halls. The media finally reported Keres' actions and crimes he recently committed. To say he was terrifying was an understatement.

No wonder they declared him as the number one villain that surpassed even All for One, the villain All Might fought.

It was as if he was waiting for All Might's retirement and decided to strike as soon as the number one hero was out of the way to make it easier for himself. It made sense.

The news displayed a picture of Keres, and he was not what I expected at all. A man in his mid 20's with brown hair, blue eyes and no distinct features. He wasn't your typical villain. He looked almost normal, aside from the insanity that flashed in his eyes.

I rubbed my eyes with the heels of my palms and sighed. This whole situation bothered the hell out of me, and I kind of knew why. Partly because I didn't want to stay inside the dorms for an extended period of time, and because it made me uneasy on how quickly Keres killed a little over 1,000 heroes overnight. Sure they weren't the super-powerful heroes like Endeavour or All Might, but still...

A knock was heard on my door before I told the person to come in. Thankfully, I got my door replaced yesterday.

Deku poked his head, smiling brightly when he laid his eyes on me. "He-hey (Y/N)!"

I lazily raised a hand. "Yo."

I gestured for him to come in, and he did. He stood over me and gazed at me with those huge eyes of his. "Are you okay? You haven't stepped out of your room in a while, so I decided to come to check on you." I smiled gratefully.

"Thanks, Deku. But I'm fine, I'm just trying to process this whole thing and honestly, I'm kind of scared. Ah, who am I kidding- I'm terrified. I mean, if Keres can kill that many heroes in less than 12 hours, then who knows what kind of tricks and aces he has up his sleeves when the pro heroes are going to fight him. Besides, Aizawa told us before that the pro heroes are soon going to launch an attack on what the police investigated and guessed was his hideout, and we don't know how that's going to play out." I furrowed my eyebrows and stared at my wall as I processed what I just said.

"Oh, sorry Deku. I rambled too much, didn't I?" I chuckled to ease the mood and rubbed the back of my head.

He shook his head and stared at me with such wonder and admiration it was blinding, and he hopped on his feet and searched his pockets for something, rambling about how he was thinking the same thing.

"Here! Look through this. It's my mini-journal on Keres and I analyzed every action he's made throughout the years, including his recent crimes." I scanned the pages and flipped them over, taking in all of the information. "At first, he wasn't that big of a villain- he was just a purse snatcher, but then he stopped committing crimes for over two years. And now, he's come back with all of this power capable of destroying so many heroes..."

I sighed and shut the book, handing it back to Deku and rubbing my hands. "Do you remember what Aizawa told us when he was explaining the rules about the lockdown?"

He paused for a moment. "The part where we had to be accompanied by a hero whenever we left the dorms?"

I shook my head. "No no, not that. The part where he said we all gotta train extra hard since we'll be in the dorms all day. He says stuff like that often but this time it felt different, don't you remember?" Deku nodded and crossed his arms.

"Do you think there could be something coming?" He asked with wonder, and I raised an eyebrow.

"Nah, of course not. All the heroes available are working on this whole thing- there's no way a bunch of kids like us can do anything. Besides, Aizawa is assigning us a bunch of schoolwork. He clearly wants to keep us occupied- probably to take our minds off of everything."

Deku leaned his weight on my dresser and pondered over it for a moment. "I guess so. Well, that means we won't have to worry about anything! Oh, also..." he turned his head and twiddled his thumbs with an unknown expression written on his face as his eyes darkened.

"What is it, Deku?"

"Uhm, Todoroki and Bakugo have also been worried about you. They wanted to see you since you weren't coming out of your room so..." He trailed off and seemed comfortable, so I wrapped up the conversation with a smile.

"Thank you, Deku for checking up on me and telling me these things. Can you let them know that I'll be out in a second?" He nodded and watched me walk to my window where I gazed out with a bunch of mangled thoughts.

"Then... I-I'll see you later, (Y/N)!" I nodded but didn't turn around as he shuffled around before closing the door shut.

(A/N)

Sorry for the short chapters everyone. I've been getting super busy lately so I don't have as much time to write.

I hope you enjoyed this~!