Chapter 56

"Tomorrow. 6 in the morning."

"Eh?! What do you mean?! Aizawa, don't-don't you think that's a bit sudden?" I stuttered, my lips pressed into a thin line.

"We can't wait. We've confirmed Keres's base, and we have to attack as soon as we can. There's no telling what his next actions will be, so we have to attack as soon as possible. We've composed a group of students who will be attacking. If all goes well, we'll take down Keres successfully. If not, we'll send in the next group when the time is ready, three groups in total."

I thought it over for a moment before sighing. If Aizawa made up his mind, then there's no changing it. "Well then, who's in the first group?"

He took a look at his paper, reading off a bunch of names. "Sero, Kirishima, Denki, Bakugo, Momo, and Ojiro. That's just the students, there will be 6 pro heroes with them. What else do you want to know?"

'Bakugo, huh...'

"Hmm... now that I think about it, this will probably end up in history books, right? I mean, if the pro heroes alone can't stop this villain and they have to work with the next wave of young heroes to stop him, then this would be considered as something historic. Keres would also be known for many years since he's a villain no one has ever seen or encountered before, wouldn't it?"

He nodded tiredly, suppressing a yawn. "Sure. Yeah. Well, any other questions or statements? I got things to do, so hurry up."

'you're probably just going to sleep...'

"Umm, that's all. Thanks, Aizawa!" I skipped away with a smile, on my way to Bakugo's room to talk to him, wondering how he's feeling about his upcoming fight.

I had to get Aizawa to fill me in on everything that I missed since the heroes and those students that are participating in the fight had a meeting somewhere secret, and I couldn't attend since I wasn't participating. I also needed my provisional license to access the meeting room, which I assumed was for safety reasons.

I knocked on the door, waiting for him to open it, then knocked again when there was no response. "Ugh, Bakugo! Open up, it's me!" I rolled my eyes, about to knock again when I heard a thud followed by a loud groan on the other side.

"Bakugo...?" The door suddenly swung open, revealing the blond. He had steam emitting from his body with a towel on his wet hair. He was also holding his foot.

"What happened to you?" I said, walking in.

"You happened. Next time, don't rush me! You made me stub my toe and it hurts like hell!" I shrugged and walked in, sitting on his bed.

"So... you'll be attacking tomorrow," I said, bringing the atmosphere to a solemn mood.

He nodded, drying his hair before turning to his dresser and pulling out a comb, running it through his blond strands. "Yeah. I'll be the one to take him down. I perfected that new move- blaster impact, and I know it'll help me destroy that bastard."

I crossed my arms with a sly smirk. "And? Who helped you with that?"

Rolling his eyes he set the comb down and faced me, his palms pressing down on the dresser as he stared at me. "You. Argh, what the hell do you want? A thank you?!" I nodded. "...thanks."

"That wasn't so hard, was it?" I strolled up to him and patted his hair, giggling when he swatted my hand away with red cheeks.

He scoffed as he noticed the hesitation in my eyes. "Now what?"

My hand rubbed my shoulder, unsure of how to start. "Well, it's just that... I feel so uneasy. I'm scared and I'm really, really worried. I'm scared that you'll get hurt- I mean, what if Keres kidnaps you like the League of Villains did? Or what if you somehow lose your Quirk, or-or maybe you-"

"(Y/N), calm down!" He held my wrists and stared into my eyes. "Calm down... breathe. None of that is going to happen to me. I'm strong enough for you not to worry, and there's no need to worry." Bakugo sighed, still noticing the skepticism in my face.

"Okay, let's make a promise. I promise you that I'll return safely." I watched his red eyes carefully, noting the seriousness.

"Do you really promise? That you'll return safely?" He nodded. I hummed, thinking before pulling my hand away and extending my pinky finger.

"What the hell are you doing?"

I rolled my eyes, a playful smile on my lips. "It's a pinky promise, silly. Wrap your pinky around mine, that secures the promise okay?"

He frowned, doing as I said. "Tch. What are you, a kid? This is stupid."

I giggled again, wrapping my arms around Bakugo's torso, listening carefully to his heartbeat. "Yeah, I guess I still am."