Coffee?

"Can I have a cup of espresso for take-out?" asks the man wearing a blue coat with his hands stuffed in the pockets.

The girl managing the counter gives him a deadpan look.

"Don't try fooling me with that, sir," she says, shaking her head yet pushing buttons on her screen to punch in his order. "This is your, what, fifth return in the span of ten minutes? What a record." She rolls her eyes as she finishes with his order, the telltale ding of the cash register piercing the air as the cash register opened. "That'll be forty-three won."

The man smiles as he hands her the money.

"Don't be so cruel, Ji-young," he admonishes slightly with a smile, stepping to the side so he won't block the way of other potential customers. "You love your uncle, don't you?"

The girl named Ji-young sighs, but offers a tight smile to the man.

"You know I do, Hoseokie-samchon," she says in reply. "Which is why I don't want to see you gulping large amounts of caffeine. What will eomma say if she finds out you die of palpitation? You're such a jerk, uncle," she pouts sadly.

"Ah, you know I'm powerless to those puppy eyes of yours," Hoseok sighs with a hand on his chest, eliciting a giggle from his beloved niece. "But if you're really concerned," he adds with a hint of seriousness enough to sober up the girl, "then I shall try to keep it low."

"Don't drink too much caffeine is the lesson," Ji-young nods. She leaves her spot for a moment, returning with a paper bag. She hands it to her uncle, who takes it with a smile.

"Thanks, champ," he winks, and leaves after a ruffle to her stylized hair. She glares at his retreating back, but a fond smile is evident on her lips as she watches him go.

//

A lone figure sits on a bench in a park, eyes wandering before looking down. He smells the tea and sniffs it, swirling it around in the ceramic cup before slurping noisily.

Several onlookers glance at him, some glaring at the rude noise before walking away. Yet he pays them no mind, squinting at the liquid and sipping daintily this time.

A presence sits beside him and nudges him with his shoulder. His lips quirk up at the familiar gesture, but he doesn't turn to greet the newcomer, too engrossed in his task.

"How's that tea, Yoongi-hyung?"

"The water is in poor quality, so I can't tell how the tea tastes. A shame, since I was looking forward to trying the new flavor," he frowns. He shakes the cup, watching the liquid slosh about.

Hoseok watches it too for a while but loses interest, opening the paper cup of his coffee and handing it to Yoongi, who frowns a bit more at the beverage.

Yoongi eyes his younger companion before speaking.

"I don't drink those," he says. "You know that, right?"

Hoseok rolls his eyes good-naturedly, a smile on his pink lips.

"Course I do. I just want you to tell me where the beans came from. Your nose is one hell of a sniffer, and that's saying something."

"Aish, you big brat," Yoongi complains with a scratch to his hair. "That's why I've been telling you to switch to tea. It's much more healthy than that coffee you drink thrice a day."

He rolls his eyes.

Hoseok laughs then, loud and humorous.

"How many times do I have to tell you I don't like tea? They all taste the same, no matter where you buy or where you sit," he says, chuckling.

Yoongi clicks his tongue as he begrudgingly takes the cup from the other.

"That's not true," he says, but takes a moment to sniff the aroma of the espresso.

Hoseok watches, fascinated, and asks in a low whisper, "What do you think?"

Yoongi hums.

"Grown in Vietnam, almost three years. It has a slightly bitter taste, obviously robusta. Good, I think."

He gives the cup back to Hoseok, who downs the drink as Yoongi watches in half-horror and amazement.

"No one's gonna take away your coffee so you can calm down now," Yoongi says, but Hoseok just grins at him cheekily and plays with the cup before crushing it in his left hand.

A sigh escapes Yoongi. He stares at his tea for a moment before gazing back at his carefree companion.

"Why do I even hang out with you?"

Hoseok hums in question, tilting his head.

"We have such different personalities and preferences yet we click together almost easily. How long do we know each other?" he asks curiously.

"Almost three years I think."

"And here we are, still arguing whether coffee or tea is superior," he chuckles, finding their argument silly and trivial.

Hoseok clicks his tongue, yet an amused smile is on his lips.

"If you'd admit coffee's better, maybe we can stop fighting," Hoseok suggests with a sly smirk that almost suits him.

Yoongi growls playfully and hits the other's shoulder, making him wince and retaliate back with the same move, only harder.

"Tea's better," he sniffs haughtily.

"Nahh, coffee."

"Tea."

"Coffee."

"You're such an addict that's why you insist it's coffee," Yoongi argues back.

Hoseok merely laughs again. Yoongi should be counting how many times he's made the younger laugh hard like this. It's satisfying.

"You win for now, hyung," he sighs out happily. "But next time you'll be saying different."

The challenge is clear, and Yoongi's normally dull orbs light up in playfulness and competition.

"So be it."

Hoseok surprises him by leaning forward to kiss his cheek, and Yoongi's heart stutters at the action, completely not expecting it.

They remain quiet even as the sun sinks, their fingers laced together.

Ahhh okay this is the last oneshot peeps thank youu for reaading!! I got the prompt from the internet and the original was 'a tea taster falls for a coffee addict' but Yoongi's been falling for Hoseok a lotta times here so I decided to change it up a bit. Thaank youu everyoone!!