Shocking Revelation! Iolite learns what he missed

(Y/N) POV

I dragged the gem hybrid towards the center of the gem city. It took a little doing but I managed to make it so that when I contact the Diamonds, they'll not be able to see the hybrid and the field of bubbled gems before I decide to show it to them. Strangely, yet fortunately, the traitorous Crystal Gems had a direct line to the diamonds, hidden in the coat of the strange hybrid. That curly haired, what were they called, human? That human had a shield, like Rose Quartz was supposed to. With the gem at the core of his being, there is no doubt in my mind that he is the hybrid "offspring" (I think that's what it's called) between Rose Quartz and a human. Heh, the madgem. She had to know that the seed of these bioforms can't provide the materials to allow her to produce a gem. Still, I respect her for choosing the life of her spawn over her own. I don't know if I would be able to make that decision.

I activate the line to the diamonds, setting it to call Blue Diamond. My Diamond probably thinks I've been shattered; she will be pleased to see me alive, let alone beholding the breadth of my achievement in having completely annihilated and captured the Crystal Gem rebels. The line to the diamonds transforms into a blue screen, as Blue Diamonds beautiful Blue Pearl appears on the screen. Blue Pearl: "Who is trying to contact- *gasp*." (Y/N): "That's right Pearl... It's me, Iolite. I am alive, and I have a message for Blue Diamond." I can hear Blue Diamond in the background, as she takes the screen. Blue Diamond: "Pearl, who is that? Why do they sound so- *gasp*! Iolite, you're alive!" I missed her sweet brogue. (Y/N): "Yes, My Diamond!" I perform the diamond salute. (Y/N): "I am alive! A traitorous Agate tampered with my ship. Sent me way off course, and left me without Hyperdrive, or any communications! I have been steadily heading to Earth for over 6000 years! But finally, I have arrived!" My Diamond, and her Pearl, looked relieved at my survival. At this moment, the hybrid behind me stirred and groaned. My Diamond looked confused.

(Y/N): "Ah, yes. My Diamond; I may be thousands of years late, but I did not fail in my duties! Were the armies of the diamonds have failed, I alone have succeeded!" At this I turned to show My Diamond the bubbled army of the Crystal Gems and their tied up hybrid leader. (Y/N): "I fought the entire rebel army, alone, and defeated them all! I have bubbled all of them for safe transport, and even overcame the; get this; hybrid child of Rose Quartz!"

The look on Blue Diamonds face was... less impressed and more horrified... Blue Diamond: "You, WHAT?!?" I recoiled in shock. She was furious. Steven: "Uhhh... What happened...?" Blue Diamond: "Steven!? Are you alright?!" I turned to look towards the hybrid, now identified as 'Steven'. My Diamond sounded so worried about him; what the hell is going on? Steven: "My head hurts, but I think im-" At this, he noticed I had tied him up. Steven: "I can't move!" Blue Diamond: "Iolite untie him this instant!" Her tone left no room for argument. I brought 'Steven' over to the screen as I started to untie him. (Y/N): "What is going on? He's the rebel leader, why am I setting him free?" Blue Diamond: "Iolite, how ignorant are you?! That's-" Steven: "Wait! Hold on Blue Diamond!" Blue Diamond stopped, and looked towards 'Steven'. Why did she listen to him, why does she care so much for these rebels?

Steven: "You're Iolite, right?" The hybrid addresses me. (Y/N): "Yeah, why?" Steven: "The ship you were on had no way to talk to other gem planets or ships right?" (Y/N): "Get to the point." 'Steven' then turned to address Blue Diamond. Steven: "He has no idea what's happened in the last few years." (Y/N): "The Empire doesn't change much. How much could I possibly have missed?" At my mention of The Empire, Blue Diamond looked a bit... melancholic (well, more so than usual) and 'Steven' shook his head. Steven: "Well, for one thing, The Empire was disbanded, and peace brought throughout the Galaxy." My blood ran cold. The Empire was gone and there was a new age of peace? What? How? Why? When? Steven: "Yeah. Thanks to me." I could feel myself getting angry. This hybrid ended The Gem Empire?! 'Steven' could see the hate growing in my eyes. Steven: "Ok, hold on, let me explain! This is kind of a lot to take in." I took a deep breath. (Y/N): "Ok 'Steven'. Fine. Explain yourself." Blue Diamond looked like she wanted to reprimand me for talking to 'Steven' in such a manner, but why?