Getting to know Amethyst?

(Y/N) POV

It's the start of a new day, and most of what I was thinking about last night was Amethyst, punctuated by brief moments of wondering about that Phantom Quartz, or being distracted by Lapis and Peridot. She vexes me, but in a good way I guess. Every other Gem on Earth can trace something positive back to Homeworld. A purpose, a home, training, you know, something that they 'owe' Homeworld for. Something without which, they'd be the poorer for it. Not her. She only has to thank them for her creation, and even if we presume that's a good thing, something I feel she'd be the first one to argue against, the question then becomes 'but what have they done for me lately?'.

I want to get to know her better. She's the only full Gem made free, and she seems to be much better adjusted than the others. Not just to Earth, that's to be expected, but in general. There's so much about her that defies my worldview. I want to get to know the real her, and see if she really is as put together as it seems.

I asked Lapis if she knew anything about Amethyst, and she told me to ask Peridot. I asked Peridot, and she had... a lot to say. She deeply respects Amethyst. She gave me a lot of, mostly useless information, some of which I already figured out; like her sense of humor, the fact that she's over cooked, her proclivity for shapeshifting. Her words were respectful, and slowly turned complementary, bordering on reverent. Does she have feelings for her? Hmmm... 

We part ways outside Little Homeworld, as she had to go to teach a 'class'. I sigh; I don't want to walk in there alone, I know when I'm not wanted. But, she's so carefree, who knows when I'll find her again. This is the only spot where I know she is going to be. So, regretfully, I head in.

As I walk past buildings under repair and classes that are taking place outdoors, I can hear the terrified hushed whispers of Gems as I pass. I shrug it off. I'm used to being feared. I can see humans in some of the classes, and it isn't long before the gossip reaches them and they start looking afraid of me too. Again, par for the course. Freedom to live is also freedom to hate; I'm content with the knowledge none of them could defeat me, and move on. 

Amethyst wouldn't be in a classroom; she'd have an outdoor class, and her 'class' would probably be more of a free period, if I'm reading her right. But... I don't fucking know the layout of this place! Sure, I broke it, but most of my time here is now a haze of violence and fury. I'm gonna have to ask one of the Gems here where Amethyst's class would be... joy.

I walk up to a Ruby... and as I open my mouth to say something, she immediately falls over in panic, covering the gem on her hip. Ruby: "Please don't shatter me! I didn't mean to say all those things about you, I was only saying them because everyone else was! I've never even had pizza yet! OH STARS PLEASE DON-" Y/N: "Shut up." I make sure my tone is even, calm, and quiet. I don't need to deal with security, or an angry mob. It did the trick. She shut the hell up, dead silent, for fear I'd mangle her.

I looked at her, cowing in abject terror of me, and softened my gaze. Y/N: "Listen, I don't know where everything is, could you point me to Amethyst's class?" The Ruby blinked in confusion. There was an awkward silence. Y/N: "Please?" She shakily pointed me in a direction. Ruby: "It, uh... It's that way." I nodded. Y/N: "Thank you." I headed in the direction she pointed me towards; as I walked off, I heard her scramble away from me when my back was turned.

I walked through the campus, ignoring the wary glares and hushed whispers. I kept my ear out, listening for any familiar voices. I passed a forge (with a temporary roof) from within which I could hear the Bismuth discuss armors; I passed a greenhouse (with every window damaged) where I heard Peridot's voice giving a lecture on plants; I passed by an art class being taught by a human just outside a pile of rubble that hadn't been cleared out yet. It hasn't even been a month yet and the Gems, and I guess also Humans, have almost bounced back from my attack already. This is a rather hardy little planet.