Intro

The swift chill followed as I walked. I wanted to get away from it but it had a magnetic feeling to it that made me stop in my tracks. The presence creeped as a breathed, hugging me coldly as if I belonged to it. Please stop. Please stop I begged. It suddenly stopped. Is it going away now?  I was about to start walking again when a wave of darkness slammed within me and threw me down in drowning gasps. Everything started getting darker..and darker...until the unforgetting darkness blacked me out from the world I once knew.

The sound of a stream nearby woke me up. I slowly opened my aching eyes to look around where I was. All I could see were the faint, blurry figures of trees vast beyond my eyes' reach. I lifted my head and adjusted my arms to a laying position. I sniffed the air and smelled the fresh, clean air of the forest. I was calm for a moment, until I realized that I wasn't alone.

My heart pounded as I looked at the fox standing not too far off. Even if my sight was the worst it's ever been I could still see her details; her eyes were the color of golden dawn. Her fur was a brilliant fire red. Her paws were like midnight. Her chest and the tip of her tail were snow white. I envied her beauty and looked at my own. I was shocked when I saw that my fur was also a flaming fire red. My paws were as dark as her own. My tail tip, however, was a fire white. I was no longer just a girl anymore. I was a fox.