Chapter 3

I was standing in the middle of a lake. I was confused how I got there but that wasn't my biggest concern. After a few moments I realized I was crying, black tears... They looked like ink on my face however they felt warm. A white sky was over me making my tears stand out in an unsettling way.

I couldn't stop my tears from pouring from my now ruined face into the beautiful lake which now turned into a black hole, consuming every bit of life, star, and light into its eternal darkness. This is my fault... I told myself, subconsciously thinking of the real world which lived outside of this one. I'm gonna be reason this all happens.

All I could think was to run... run away from all of this. This wasn't home, and it never will be! I'll escape from this madness, and melt into the home I've always known...

I kept running, and running, and running, but all I was heading towards was to a dark forest unknown to starlight. A forest in which death hid in every corner, deep within the shadows...

I stopped running. My heart was beating hard as I looked into the abyss. Everything around me moved, as if I was trapped in a void, never to see life again... until I felt a warmth surrounding me. The shadows seemed to be speaking to me. Before it starts, friendship will spill blood until the truth is seen. Lies will spread. Trust no one, trust only your wits and the shadows that guide you. Hurry, before the truth is dead and never to be seen again...