Riptide ~ Richie Tozier

"I swear she's destined for the screen"

Y/n and Richie were hanging out in her room playing a board game. I was a boring day and they couldn't go outside because it was hotter that the devils ballsack. Y/n got up and strutted over to her radio to put on some music. She turned it on and started dancing around the room. (More like jumping around and spinning but whatever). She continued to dance like no body was watching. Richie watched the girl in amazement. He loved they way she could just lose control like that and not have a single care in the world. 

Y/n started to get tired and sat back down on the bed. "Hey Richie, what do you want to be when you grow up?" she asked out of the blue. "I don't know, maybe a comedian or something, what about you?" he looked up at her. "I really don't know, what do you think?", "I think you're destined for the screen. With your face on billboards and millions of fans" She blushed lightly. She hadn't expected that from Richie, he was always so innapropriate  and he always cracked a joke, but this seemed sincer. "God Richie, I don't know. I'd never have a million fans, heck i'd be lucky to have any" Richie cupped her cheek and turned her head so he could face him. "No matter what happens or what you become, I will always be your number one fan" She leaned in and gave him a hug. When they pulled apart Richie gazed at her for a few seconds to long. "Take a picture it'll last longer" she chuckled. "Okay" he said as he grabbed her camera.

Flash

There were flashing lights in every direction and people shouting. "Y/n, Y/n. Look over here". Paparazzi and fans were all bunch up together calling her name. She continued walking into the award show that she knew she was going to be late for. 

The show began. It was a slow night with the same thing over and over. They would have a main host that spoke way to much then they would have guest hosts that rambled on and on, then they would announce the winner, then they had a small performance. Y/n always got rather bored of the same routine but tonight was different, tonight she got to perform a new song she had written. Out of all of her songs she had written this one was her favourite, it had so much meaning behind it.

She got to the stage with nothing but a stool and a ukelele. "Hi everyone. This is a new song called riptide. I wrote it for someone who is very special to me, and without him I wouldn't be here today. He was such an inspiaration, though I haven't seen him in 15 years he still continues to inspire me everyday. This is for my number one fan, Richie"

I took a deep breath and began playing my song.

"I was scared of dentists and the dark.                                                                                                                        I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations.

Oh, all my friends are turning green

You're the magician's assistant in their dreams

Oh
Oh and they come unstuck

Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're gonna sing the words wrong

Is this movie that I think you'll like
This guy decides to quit his job and heads to New York City
This cowboy's running from himself
And she's been living on the highest shelf

Oh
Oh and they come unstuck

Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're gonna sing the words wrong

I just wanna, I just wanna know
If you're gonna, if you're gonna stay
I just gotta, I just gotta know
I can't have it, I can't have it any other way" 

"I swear she's destined for the screen"

This line always resinated with her. she can still remember him saying it as if it was yesterday. But it wasn't. It was years ago, now they're both adults and he probably doesn't remember all those days. But for her they are perment and no matter what she does she can't erase him from her mind no matter what, and she didn't mind it. There were a few nights where she would go see his gigs but she could never bring herself to actually talk to him of meet up.

"Closest thing to Michelle Pfeiffer that you've ever seen, oh

Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're gonna sing the words wrong

Oh lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're gonna sing the words wrong

Oh lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat 'cause
You're gonna sing the words wrong
I got a lump in my throat because you're gonna sing the words wrong"

She finished the song and the crowd erupted with appluse but she couldn't hear it, all she heard was a ringing in her ears because she knew that out of all the people in that crowd he probably wasn't there, she didn't expect him to be but she had a small sliver of hope.

The rest of the night went smoothly and it was time for the after party, when everyone gets to drunk and posts pics that will end up on fan accounts 0.2 seconds after they've been posted.

Y/n sat down at the open bar and ordered a drink. "What did i say, I always knew you were destined for the screen" She heard a voice behind her say. She turned around and saw none other that Richie Tozier. she lept up and tackled him in a hug. "Richie!" she yelled. "I've missed you so much I-" Richie silenced her by pressing a kiss to her soft lipgloss coated lips. He pulled away quicker than it happened. "I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself and you looked so georgous I-" This time she cut him off with a kiss, ''You talk to much." 

"I love you Y/n"

"I love you too Richie"