Heather ~ Bill Denbrough

Request: yes
Warnings: fluff, lil bit of angst
Plot: based on the song Heather by Conan Gray.
Extra info: Bill x Neighbor!Reader. This is my first time really writing angst so i apologise if its bad.
Words: 1680
Key: Y/n/n= your nickname, Y/n=Your name

I sat in the cafeteria next to my best friend Bill. He was telling me the plot of his new story he was writing.

I fiddled with the hem of the sweater he had lent me. It was 3 sizes to big and smelt like his cologne. "Are you sure I can keep it?" I asked, referring to the sweater he just gave me. "Y-yeah, it looks better on you t-then it does of me"  Bill continued telling me about his new story idea.

His talking had suddenly stopped when when Beverly had sat down with us. His face was flushed red and he had completely moved on from what he was saying to start a whole new conversation with Beverly.

I sunk down in my seat, feeling out of place. I love Beverly, she's the only female friend I have, but whenever shes near Bill he's almost like a different person. Bill is my best friend, so why does my heart seem to ache whenever I see how he gets with her.

Mike sat down next to us, he must have noticed my glum expression. "You okay Y/n/n?" He asked rubbing my back sweetly. "Yeah, I'm good" I said. I knew he wasn't satisfied with my answer but he left it alone.

The day went on and Bill was still goggling at Bev. Every time I tried to talk to him, he never seemed to listen.

Finally the last bell of the day rang. A grabbed my stuff and waited for Bill to say goodbye to Beverly. I feel awful for being so Jelous. She's so sweet and such a nice person, but at the same time I hate her guts only because Bill seems to like her more. God, this is such petty Bullshit.

After Bev left it was like Bill had snapped out of his trance. That only seemed to piss me off more. I wish I didn't like him as much as I did, I wish I could not feel these feelings, I wish I could be happy the way we are. God, I just wished that he'd like me as much as I like him!

"S-so Y/n/n, how w-was your day?" He asked. "Well you'd know if you weren't goggling at Bev all day" I muttered spitefully. "W-what was that?" He asked, "oh, I said it was great. Bev looked really nice today." I said in an attempt to cover my tracks. As our walk home went on the conversation moved  a lot smoother as all my previous jelousy had simmered away with each word he spoke.

We reached the front of both our houses. I gave Bill a hug as we parted. He leaned down and kissed the top of my head. That's new. I walked away all flustered at the new type of affection that I had just received from my best friend.

I ran up to my room and called Mike. He was the only one who knew about my little Crush on Bill Denbrough. "Hello, Hanlon farm. This is Mike"
"Mike! Guess what, guess what, guess what, guess what!" I said into the phone enthusiastically. "By the tone of your voice, I'm guessing this is a Bill thing?"
"He kissed me."
"What!"
"Just on the head though"
"Has he ever done that before?"
"No, god I think I might scream"
"Go ahead, just don't do it into the phone"

After he said that there was a knock at my door. "Hang on Mikey, someone's at my door"
"If it's Bill, give him a big smooch for me"
"Ew, gross dude"
I hung up the phone and went to my door. Bill was standing there grinning like the Cheshire cat. "Who w-was that?" He asked, his smile not faltering once. "Just Mike, what's got you all smiley?" He came into my room and sat on my bed. "Am I n-not allowed to be happy when h-hang-ing out with my best friend in the w-world?"
"Okay, now you're acting weird, spill the beans" He started rocking back and forth like a child. "Well, I asked B-Bev to go on a d-date with me" I felt everything stop. If it were any quieter in that room you would've been able to hear my heart shatter into a million pieces.