Chapter Five.

I gave a yawn as I made my way across the area and towards the other employees. One of the women gave me an odd look when they noticed the lump near my waist and from within my hoody, I gave her a defensive look, darng her to disapprove of my choice.

It wasn't long when the other began to turn and look my way, one by one their mouths fell open. "Yes I found a Yautja infant, we're here to help them, not discriminate or treat them like monster's." I place a fist on my hip.

"Where's the report and list of parts that have been found?" A guy in his early 30's stepped forward holding a folder with multiple coloured tags pocking out of the top and sides. "I got the reports right here, and a list of what colour indercates what section, from part to who was here and seen here." He handed me the brightly coloured folder and colour coded tags sticking out of the sides, he explained certain bits as I flipped through the large collection of information.

"You colour coded everything?" My question seemed to him on edge as I looked up at him, he gave me a nervous quick nod. I gave him a smile in hopes to was his nerves, "I'm impressed." I gave another flick through.

After going through the information and scanning the area one last time the last of us who had stayed filed into our cars, I was about to climb into my van when I was brought to a stop by one of the other workers. "Kelly, I hope your not going to drive with it in your lap," I gave the lady a dirty look, angry with her choice of words.

"Call him or any of the Yautja an it again, and I'll have your tougne." I climbed in to my seat and slammed the door shut in her face, I moved the plastic crate that was on the seat to the floor, I then placed my hoody and the sheet into for the pup to sit on. I smiled down at him as he stared at me, place my van into reverse I backed out and then placed it into drive.

I held my foot down on the break as I set up the music, loud enough to rock out to but not to loud where it would upset the pup. I heard a loud purr over the music as the soft melancholy music played, the words sung out which made the purring increase in volume, I watched with bewilderment. "You like the sound of acustic music?" I smiled and looked up towards the road and removed my foot from the break and

I watched the road and sung with the music while I checked the pup every so often, making sure he wasnt grabbing at anything. To my surprise he was well behaved for being so young, he hardly cried.
"He is a Yautja though, they have strong survival instincts right from the get go." I spoke out loud to myself, I looked off to the side of the road checking the road signs.

My turn was coming up, indercating I was just over half way home. "What am I going to say to my dad and mum? Hey mum hey dad guess what!? I'm not temporarily adopting a Yautja baby haha! And then they will say! Oh that's lovely dear, make sure to let your teachers know you'll be taking him along to classes!" I felt like slapping myself in the face, I had acted impulsively and let the pups orangey eyes draw me in.

"I'm going to have buy clothes for you as well, can't let you run around naked." I began to picture the pup running around in human clothes, I stifled my laugh as I realised how odd it would look since their kind ran around in simple fabric and armour.

Jokes aside I didnt want him to be raised as a human, not when the mother could show up to claim him back. She would probly go nuts seeing him in human clothes. I rubbed my eyes as I tried to think of a solution to the problem, perhaps I could make something that was a mix of both just so he would stay warm during the winter.

I heard a slight growl that demanded my attention, I gave a quick look over before returning into to the road, only to give a double take. The sun that hit his skin distracted me, his skin almost shined like glitter.

A harsh honking of another cars horn forced me to look up and refocus on the road, I swerved slightly, straightning up my van. Another more harsh growl demanded my attention, turned the indercater on and pulled over.

I leaned over and picked the pup up with my hoody, "what's up buddy?" I sat him on my lap as I turned the gas off before climbing out to go feed him the lambchop. I watched him sniff it then shake his head at the meat, I sat in the back of my van with him side ways on my knee. "You thirsty maybe?" I grabbed out the bottle of milk, transfering some to a water bottle to warm it up.

Once ready I popped the lid and held it for him, he refused to try drink. "It's the best I can do right now, I have no baby bottles." I cringed at myself for saying the b word, I just turned 24 and wasn't expecting to say anything about baby's for at least a few more years. "I know!"

I grabbed a packer of rubber gloves​ from under my sink and washed them to get rid of the power inside, snipping the fingers off and layering them over the water bottle I then pierced the top with a fork prong. "Okay try this?" I watched with anticipation, hoping this time he would try it.

He seemed to bite down and start to drink from the bottle, I sighed with relief as I watched him drink the hole lot.