Chapter Eight.

Stretched out as I woke up and rolled over, I opened my eye to look at the Yautja pup, it had been a few days since I brought him home with me.

Since then I have managed to balance out my classes and looking after the pup, my mum offered to keep an eye on him during that time, while during work I would take him with me.

Looking at him now, He had defiantly gotten a bit bigger which made me speculate why their race didn't bother with actual clothing. the pup was currently laying on his front with his head turned to the side, letting out soft clicks and purrs like he was snoring.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, freeing them from the sleep that sat at the corners. I carefully climbed out of bed trying to avoid waking the pup, I got changed out of my t-shirt and shorts, replacing them with a button down tartan shirt and a knee length skirt with winter stockings.

I left my bedroom door open and made my way down stairs to have some breakfast and a coffee, the moment I sat down i noticed movement from the peripheral. I looked over to find the pup standing by the threshold to the open plan kitchen and dining area, the moment I looked over to him he made his way over.

I picked the pup up and placed him on the seat next to me, he immediately reached over for my bowl, wanting something to eat. I had learnt Yautja are open to eating mild fruits like melons and pears.
I moved my bowl towards the pup to let him pick out a bit banana from my cerle, right away he shoved it in his mouth and held out a hand in a way to ask for some more. "Your really hungry today, your going to have to eat some meat later on."

I stood up from my seat, taking my bowl to the sink before I cut up some fruit for the pup, i sat back down next to him and held the bowl while he went ahead, shoveling the mixed fruits into his mouth. I soon checked the time and moved the bowl to the table and pushed the pups chair in so he could reach his breakfast, I used the small window of time to put my fluorescent boots on and collected my bag and other things I would need for the day.

By the time I had myself sorted the pup had finished eating, I picked him up under the arms to avoid his sticky paws as I carried him to the car. I placed him in the seat and pulled the belt around him before I dug through my bag for the wipes to clean his hands.

He complained with a series of clicks and growls that sounded more like sqeaks, I laughed slightly and decided to playfully​ harrass him further by cleaning his face.
He began to try push my hand away and he made a bigger fuss, I moved my hand away and smiled as he calmed down.

I put some music on for the ride to work, I backed the van up and started the commute. I began to tap my hands on the steering wheel to the music while humming, I moved my eyes towards the pup to check on him. He was looking out the window and watching the other cars go by from under his blanket.

I kept tapping along to the song and before I knew it was singing as I watched the road. "Don't don't don't laughing about it. I run they run everybody run run and we're all just having fun," a growl drew my attention back over to the pup as he then let out a click.

"What? Don't like my singing?" He seemed to growl in reply to my question, I pursed my lips at him and gave a slight down caster view while shaking my head slightly as I focused back on the road. "Everyone is a critic these days." I smiled as he gave another growl my way.

"I would like to hear better from you." I reached over and gave him a gentle poke on the tummy, making his click and swipe at my hand. I came up to the gates of my work and held my foot on the break while I fished out my security card, presenting it to the scanner. The first gate opened and I repeated the same action to the armed guard to let me through after scanning my card and my way retina.

A zapping sound of electricity being cut off could be heard as the gate slowly opened, I drove ahead to my new parking space. Once parked I killed the engine and climbed my way to the back and leaned over to pick up the pup.
"Okay buddy, it looks like it's going to rain today so your wearing proper clothes. Cant have you getting sick or dying," I stopped for a moment and looked down at him.

"Do Yautja even get sick?" I sat the pup on the edge of the bed as I picked out something from the draws under the bed, pulling out a little t-shirt, hoody and pants, anything to keeps him warm. I unbuttoned his lion print pyjama top and bottoms to change his nappy.
After I cleaned him up I dressed him and put a little beanie​ in his head while he growled and pushed at my hands, he seemed to hate our clothes a lot but I couldn't let him run around half naked all the time.

"There, ready for work now aren't we." I smiled down at the pup as he gave me an grumpy look, making me chuckle slightly out of amusement. "Don't give me that, it's better than freezing to death."