Chapter Eleven.

"he would be hunted down and killed," that last part made my heart almost stop, the thought of him getting rejected and hunted made me worry for him.

"If he becomes a bad blood and relies on you for help, you will be killed for getting in the way." I moved my attention back to Mike, not knowing what to say to him..

"Maybe it's time to place him with his own kind that stay here, there are blooded adult warrio-," "no." I cut Mike off, not wanting him to finish, he kept silent for a moment and looked to the pup.

"You don't have to decide right now but sooner the better, think what is best for him not for you." I watched Mick pick the pup up carefully before handing him to me.

I held the pup with one arm and looked down to him, I knew keeping him away from what he truely is was wrong. "I'll train him."

A scoff was heard, I looked up at Mike the moment I heard it, his face was puckered up slightly trying to hide his grin, just like a child would. "What's so funny!?"

"You? You're going to teach a Yautja pup to fight, do you even know how to actually fight in hand to hand combat?" I frowned at the young man across from me.

"How about you ask the door to Angelique's office!" I yelled at him, embarrassed and annoyed that he would doubt me.

I watched Mike looked me up and down curiously, I turned on my toes and stormed off back to the elevator with him yelling to me from behind.

The door slammed behind me as it was on its own swivel joints, cutting off Mike's words as I left. I used the elevator to get back to the second floor withe lab, this time I walked in the opposite direction and made my way through a door tagged with "observation room".

In reality it was I a large space behind the ground floors corridor walls, with the office area being above and the observation run being next to my lab. The observation room was so those who worked here could watch the Yautja do their thing, it was mostly for them to heal when hurt, but it was obvious that they didn't stop just because they were injured.

Currently there was only a hand full of Yautja, I watched them for about their usual stuff when one of them stopped, and looked up at the viewing window as.

I started to feel anxious about him staring, I held on to the pup tightly without hurting him, the pup tugged my hair causing me to wince and remove my attention away from the adult Yautja.

Removing my phone from my pocket it turned around as I dialed my dad's number, I walked out of the observation room as the ringing tone went off, indercating that my call was going through.

The moment he picked up I began to speak, skipping the greetings and formalities. "Hey dad I'm going to head home early."

"Is everything already? Angelique told me what happened earlier." I forced myself not to huff at the mention of her name.
"Everything is fine, you know I don't like her."

"You basically ripped the door off its hinges." Guilt set in as I realised my dad would have to pay for the damages. "I didn't get much sleep that's all, you know how I get when I'm tired and hungry."

I continued to talk with my dad as I went to go grab my things and head to van. "I forgot to tell you, your brother is visiting for a few days." I groaned at the mention of my brother.

Growing up he we got along but as we got older we grew apart, while I went to university, got my qualifications and a job, my brother joined a gang, got high and drunk, recently he got out of jail sober and started working.

It has been a long time since ive seen him, we hardly spoke or even text either, even before he went to jail. I opened the passenger door and placed the pup in his crate, sitting him down so he was safe and unseen.

I went around to the other side of my van and climbed into my seat, I rubbed my forehead trying to soothe the on coming headache as I shut my eyes.

I sucked in a breath of air and turned the van on and began to back out of my park, and began my trip home, wanting to just climb into bed and sleep.

Once home I could see my brother's car pulled into my parking spot, I let out a frustrated huff and put my car in reverse, backing up to park by the curb.

I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulder before getting of my seat, and shutting the door behind me. I then made my way around and picked up the pup, all the while be began to growl and struggle in my grip, sensing a new presence inside the house.

The pup began to growl louder and more deeply the closer I got to the front door of my home, I reached for the door handle and just before I grabbed it the door opened. There my brother stood just under six feet tall and towering over me and my average height.