Chapter 3 : Missing Kiki

Kiara's POV

I was waiting for Jake to take me to school. It was my first day here in River Hill High. Technically, second. My flight got delayed yesterday and I could make it only to the game which the principal insisted me on going for.  I was already joining two weeks late for my senior year and I didn't want to be late atleast today.

All thanks to my daddy dearest, I had to wait for basic things in my life like my house, car, clothes and what not.

So basically, I was literally moving into River Hill for an year untill I decide about college. Now you would ask me why I left an hot and happening place like New York and moved to a small town like River Hill. Well, everyone's got their reasons.

I was munching on my yummy chocolate puffs which I packed from New York.

"Kiara, you can borrow my card. I know the decision of shifting to River Hill was too sudden. Please don't hesitate to ask for any help." Jenna was literally like an angel in my life right now but I knew better of their financial status. I respect her a lot.

"Please, Jenna. You've already given me so much at such a short notice I can't thank you enough."

"Oh morning, Jake. Could you pick and drop Kiara from school until she gets her car?"

Jake waltzes into the room with water dripping down from his hair, making his forehead glisten. He looked too fresh. He was wearing a worn out dull jeans and black shirt. I could literally feel myself drool.

"I'm not a chauffer, mom."

See! There you go. Arrogant jerk. He seems so much more acceptable when he doesn't open his mouth.

"But aren't you my boyfriend, Jakey?"

Jenna and I couldn't stop laughing while Jake basked in the pit he had created for himself yesterday.

There goes his damn reputation.

"Okay kids. Don't be late for school. I am off to work. I might be late today. And Jake, please be nice to Kiara." Saying so she zooms out of the house in an hurry.

Jake's POV

"I'm definitely not riding to school on that damn thing." She pointed towards my motorbike like it was dirt.

"Don't you dare, Kiki. She is my baby." I kissed my bike. This bike means so much to me. It was a gifted by my mother when I was 16. She had been so proud of me. I was working part time at a local pizzeria and I managed to survive my entire school life on my scholarship. I wouldn't let anyone insult my bike.

"I can't ride with this on your bike, boyfriend."  She mockingly retorded at me, pointing at her white skirt.

"Then go put on some pants." I glanced at her well toned smooth fair legs. One look at it and all the boys are going to find it so difficult to contain their thoughts. And the little crop top was overwhelming. Thanks to the jacket which was covering up her waist just fine.

"What is it with you and my skirt? Pervert. Let's take your car."

"Mom has taken the car. There's ten minutes to school. Do you still want to fuss over this?" I climb onto my bike and feel her delicate palms on my shoulders as she sits on the bike.

God. Her skirt had ridden up. "I don't think it's such a good idea to wear this skirt. Go throw some pants on."

"Mind your fucking business, Covey."

I zoomed out of the garage and felt her arms wrap around me. Her front pressed to my back and the way her palms were roaming on my chest and abs gave me goosebumps. I've been close with girls before but this is unexplainable.

I park at the lot and find her gone by the time I get back to where I had dropped her.

God. Kiki.

The classes went by in a blur. She was there in all my classes but she chose to enter the class just before the bell and left as soon as the class got over. She made sure that she sat alone. I wonder how did she manage to find the classes without any help.

She was getting all the attention she had ever wanted to receive. Thanks to her amazing choice of clothing. This isn't New York. It's River Hill. It was like the spotlight was suddenly on her. Not to forget, she was not known as Kiara Scott but as Jake Covey's girlfriend. Now everyone knew I don't do girlfriends. At most one night stands which may drag to a week but nothing more.

It was lunch and I couldn't find Kiki. As far as I remember, she didn't talk to anyone so there's no chance she's having lunch with someone. I sent out a search. My entire football team had started looking out for her.

"You've got it bad for your girlfriend huh? When were you planning to tell us?" Ben Ryder, my best friend mocked at me. He didn't know that Kiara isn't my real girlfriend. We never hide anything from each other but I don't know why I don't feel the need to clarify about this.

Before I could reply, Sam came running to me and was breathing like he had ran a marathon.

"Your girllllfriend..."