Chapter 6 : Matt Rivera

Kiara's POV 

I was glad that Jenna could drop me to school today and even more glad that I didn't have to face Jake this morning. I am strutting my way through school gates and I already find all the eyes on me.

 Yep, pretty much the attention Jake created for me. Damn it! I hate him.

"I wonder what Jake sees in her."

"I think she blackmailed Jake into this."  

"I'm sure she is pregnant with Jake's baby."

The murmurs are killing me. Not being able to hold back any longer, I rush to the washroom.

Thud! Thanks to my teary eyes, I could barely make out where I was going. Wow. Can I get any more clumsier.

I definitely had to bump into a wall but the next thing I know I feel someone secure me in their arms and help me get on my feet. I hear gasps around me.

This person definitely doesn't feel like Jake. God! Why can't I just stay out of trouble? I look up to find a blurry yet familiar gorgeous face and he wipes the tears from my eyes.

"MATT!", my eyes widen once my vision gets cleared up. Holy! He still looks as handsome as before. Just that he looks more matured and his scrawny body is well-built now making him loose his beautiful boyish charm. His hair mopping his forehead.

Matt Rivera is my childhood friend and I have known him ever since I was 5. My mother used to work in his dad's hotel as a manager. When we turned 15, he decided to move away without leaving a trace of it. He was just there and boom he vanished like thin air. I tried to search for him everywhere but I couldn't find him. That's exactly when my mother had stopped working. It was as though he vanished from my life, from everyone's life.What hurt me even more is that he never gave me reason nor did he tell me he would disappear like that. Like a dream. He is the golden child of his family and my mother adored him and always considered him as her son. He was equally fond of my mother too. 

Tsk, "Ouch!" he screamed as I slapped both of his cheeks non- stop until he held my wrists firmly.

"What is that for?"

"That's for leaving me two years ago, douche bag. Without an explanation, might I add." Another slap.

"Jesus! When did my quiet Koko become so violent?"

We had become the matinee show for the entire school. Thankfully, the bell rang and everyone started rushing to get to class. Who wants detention.

I was happy I found Matt, he is there in most of my classes. He is the only friend I have ever had and he had always been there for me. It was killing me to know, why he left. Also, he made his family promise to not tell anyone about his whereabouts. I will just have to wait until he tells himself. I was thankful to him for being with me the entire day and taking care of me like a baby. He almost punched a guy for me. Somehow, he did not seem like the old Matt that 
I knew. Something had changed and I could not really figure out what it was.

He offered to drive me home but I wanted sometime to be alone, I had Jake to attend to at home and I just wanted some peace. I wanted to hear some music while I enjoy the bliss while walking back home.

I feel completely exhausted and drained. I should not have skipped breakfast and lunch today. During lunch, I forced Matt to catch up with his friends while passing my time in the library.  And suddenly everything blacks out.

I slowly open my eyes. "Hey! Your are awake." Matt helps me sit up.

"I found you on the road unconscious and I decided to get you home. I put your phone on silent but your HOT boyfriend kept calling." saying so he passes my phone to me. 

"Hot boyfriend?" What the hell. Is Matt drunk?

 "That would be me." I find Jake leaning by the door. He storms in and holds Matt by his collar.

"I swear if I find out that you have done anything to her, I'll kill you". Jake pushes him and Matt glares at me.

"That's your boyfriend, Koko? Really? Him? Him out of all the good men in the world? Tell me this is a lie", he scoffs at me.

"Jeez. My head hurts. Can the both of you shut up and let me sleep?"

In one swift motion, Matt comes close to me and tries to kiss me. By the time I could react, Jake throws one strong punch at him.

"You, my lady will stop seeing this guy. Do you understand?", he barks at me.

"Rubbish! He is my best friend and I have known him ever since I was in kindergarten. and I wi..."  he does not let me complete the sentence as he crashes his lips onto mine and carries me bridal style in his arms.

"One more word and I will lock you up in my room. And you, my girlfriend have got a lot of explanation to do." 

I have no idea what is in-store for me once I get home. 

Vote. Comment. Share.
Love, 
Shalu
klutzgirl19