Chapter 5 : Princesses don't cry

Jake's POV 

"One, you will be staying with the Covey's for the rest of the year."

"Two, Jake will be your personal bodyguard." 

"DAAAD!! You can't possibly do that. How can you trust me staying with a guy for an entire year? And bodyguard? Dad, come on."

"It's non- negotiable sweetie. It's time for me to leave. I shall talk to Jenna about this."

Saying that Mr. Scott hugs and kisses Kiara on the forehead and walks out of the door, eyeing me to follow him.

"I hope you won't let me down, boy. I am trusting you with my daughter and she's been through a lot in her life. And if you ever hurt her or let her get hurt, the consequences will not be good." He walked away giving me a murderous glare.

I walk in to find her curled up on the couch. Her wardrobe definitely needs an adjustment. But what was she even thinking, trying to excite people with her attire. 

I carry her to her room carefully and place her on the bed. As much as I want to change her clothes, I don't want the underlying drama which will follow next morning when she gets to know that I changed her.

I am glad that Mr. Scott had a word with my mom regarding Kiara's living arrangement.

*****

Ding Dong!

I hear the bell ring as my mom flips the pancake. I open the door to find a truck full of luggage, a brand new black matt finish Maserati and what not. She is definitely a spoiled princess. 

"Is this Mrs. Covey's residence? We are here for Ms. Kiara Scott." the man at the door said.

"Yes. This is." my mom answers from behind. 

"Mr. Scott has asked to set up her room and hand over her essentials to her."

"Please do the needful."

After what seemed like an eternity, all the stuff is moved and arranged into her room neatly. I wonder how they managed to do it all while she was asleep. 

"I don't think Kiara should be going to school today and since you have suspension, you better take care of her while I am off for work" my mom ruffles my hair as she walks out of the house.

"Did you carry me to bed?" I hear her hoarse voice, I turn to find her eyes really puffed. Her lips are so pink and swollen. She is wearing her jean and my hoodie which is too loose for her.

"Were you crying?"

"That's none of your business, Covey. Drop me to school."

"You are not going to school."

"And who are you? My father. Either you drop me or I can go by myself."

"Don't you dare test my patience, Kiara."

"Fuck off."

I hold her wrist and pin her to the wall. She is getting on my nerves. 

"Why can't you just agree with me for once? Do you want to create a scene at school? Especially when I'm not around to save you." 

"Save me, my ass. I can take care of myself, pervert."

"What's your problem? Just stay at home for a day. You can go tomorrow. Besides you'll have 3 more days at school without me." 

I look into her eyes and they're so soft almost as if she is on the verge of bursting into tears. 

"You're hurting me, Jake."

"What?"

I immediately step away to notice the impression of my hand on her wrist and I immediately regret it. I stack a set of pancakes for her on the plate. I drizzle the maple syrup and pass on the plate to her. 

"Where is the whipped cream?"

"I'll get it from the supermarket. Hang on."

*****

I hear silent sobs as I enter the house. I find Kiara sitting on the couch and crying hysterically. 

"Hey! I am here. Shh!" I try to pull her into an hug which she resists at first but then hugs me so tight as if her life depended on it. I pat on her head gently. I wonder what could have gone wrong.

"Princesses don't cry."

"I ruined your shirt" saying so she gets away from my body, taking away all the warmth away from me. 

I look into her eyes and they seem so pure and innocent. I knew it right then and there that I would never hurt this beautiful girl.

"What's wrong, Kiki?"

I tuck in the stray strand of hair behind her ear as she bites her lower lip, sending sensations through my body which I have never felt before. And yet she remains silent. I don't push her further cause I don't want to scare her.

I notice her eyes flicker to my lips for a brief second. God! Is she beautiful. Hell, yeah! I have seen many girls and they have hit on me like crazy but this girl, she is different. So different!

Unable to hold my bodily frustrations any more, I crash my lips onto her soft moist lips. She is hesitant at first but she responds to the kiss so gently and she breaks the kiss after what seems like an eternity.

"You. Are. Not. Getting. More" she said in between her breathes, panting for air.

"What do you mean by not getting more? Nothing more than kisses or nothing at all?" I smirk at her as she raises her eyebrows and playfully slaps my chest as she walk away with the plate of pancakes and the can of whipped cream.

I hear her room door bang. Definitely a spoiled princess. 

Did she regret the kiss? I hope not, And since when did I start caring about a girl. Dang it! I certainly need to get my shit together. 

Have nothing to do anymore, I decide to tidy up the house for a bit for my mom. My mom means the world to me.

My mom came home much earlier than expected and so we decided to go to the movies. We asked Kiara to accompany us to the movies but she denied the request claiming that she did not want to intrude us.

"Mom, come on. You take an eternity to get ready."

"Hey! Do you mind taking my car and me along with you to the movies?" I see her walking down the stairs looking at me with hope, still wearing my hoodie.

"What made you change your mind?" 

"Your mother."

And in no time we're huddled up in the car with my mom sitting behind, Kiara at the passenger seat and me at the drivers seat. 

I had to sit between the two ladies as it was an horror movie. I was happy I got to hold their hands, more glad that Kiara was holding my hand. We got a lot of sodas and popcorn.

When there was some horror scene, she would pull her hand along with mine and cover her face, making the back of my palm brush her lips. She has no idea what effect she has on me.

We got back home pretty late, only to find Kiara asleep again. This is her third night here and I had to carry her to the bed for the second time in a row.

God, her fragile body fit in my arms perfectly. 

Vote. Comment. Share.
Love,
Shalu
klutzgirl19