Helping Others-Chapter Fifteen

One day, I began to notice that Peter was getting more and more depressed and upset after each night.

It was probably from stress over playing his levitating drum set at the KISS Concert.

So, when the band started making their way to the dressing room through the Superman curtain, I saw Peter walking slowly behind the others.

"Mr. Criss, is everything alright"?

His bodyguard asked him.

Peter Criss didn't answer.

His face looked like they were covered in dry tears.

"Sir, I want to speak with the KISS drummer alone. May we please have some privacy"?

I said to the Catman's bodyguard in a formal tone of voice.

The bodyguard looked over at me like as if I had no idea how to do what I wanted to do.

Then, Bill Aucoin heard us talking about Peter.

"Catman..."?

The KISS manager asked looking up at him a littler bit closer.

Peter looked up a little bit, but he still didn't say anything.

He looked very sad.

"Please talk to him Emily". "Maybe you could find out what's troubling him"?

Bill begged me, and then smiled when I definitely said yes.

After the other men left us alone, I kindly offered Peter a place outside the backstage area to sit down in.

"Y-yes please". "T-thank you".

The drummer stuttered.

We both ended up sitting down in the very front row of the auditorium.

"Catman, I'm worried about you". "You've been so quiet for the past few nights in a row after the concert". "Please tell me what's....

Before I could finish my sentence, Peter immediately started crying.

He almost sounded like a baby.

I really felt bad for the poor KISS kitty.

"I-I am so s-sorry for the way I am. I-it's just that I miss my m-mother s-so much. Ever since she passed away from cancer and that I didn't get to be there next to her by her bedside when she took her final breath...it's been so...damn....FUCKING HARD! I can't take all this pain anymore"!

I could almost feel the sadness in Peter's heart.

"Catman...why...why didn't you tell me? You know that when one of you guys aren't feeling their best....you should've told me about it. I care about all of you so much".

I wiped my small tears from my eyes as the Catman held both of his hands into mine.

He was still shaking with sadness and emotional pain.

"It's gonna be okay Peter...I know it's hard sometimes to loose someone close to you, but we've got to stay positive about it".

Peter then asked me to sit down in his lap so he could hold me close to me and help clam himself down.

Meanwhile, the guys and their manager were all watching from behind a wall.

Bill was crying and so was Paul Stanley.

The Starchild had a few tissue in his hand and then he gave one to Bill.

Paul gently wiped away his tears.

Gene was sad too, but he didn't like to show that he was big softie.

Ace was also feelings sad, and although he hardly ever cried this took a major toll on him. Especially because Peter Criss was his best friend.

"Shhh...shhh...it's okay Catman".

After another while, Peter was finally calmed down.

He smiled and then kissed me passionately on the lips, which was unexpected, but I smiled and giggled after he pulled away form the kiss.

"You and the guys from KISS always put a smile on my face".

I hugged him and Peter smiled sheepishly.

"Awww...is that so"?

We both laughed and then Paul, Ace, and Gene quickly made their way back to the dressing room so they wouldn't get caught.

Me and Peter walked back together to the band dressing room.

It was just the two of us being friends.

"Hey guys, what'cha doing"?

I grinned as Peter sat down in a chair next to his vanity.

"Ah, nothing much".

Ace chuckled as I playfully ruffled his long, brown hair.