I

everything was white.

it was the only way draco could describe it. it was awful. everything hurt, but mainly his throat.

and his heart.

he ran as fast as he could, into the empty boys bathroom. he felt as if he was going to be sick. maybe it had been the sickening sight of harry pothead sucking the weaslettes face into his. that would surely make anybody sick, right? they had been openly kissing each other as if it was their last chance. draco thought that they werent even breathing.

he flung himself into the first stall, coughing and dry heaving violently. he expected bile and what little lunch he had eaten to come up and into the toilet, but that wasnt what lay on the water.

several perfect little yellow petals sat prettily on the water. draco knew them instantly, they were begonias. yellow, sharp, pristine looking begonia petals lay in front of him.

he had just vomited flowers.

holy fucking shit.

he had little time to process this information before he was heaving into the toilet once again. the petals that came out this time were not so pristine and clean looking. they were splashed with a bright looking liquid. a bright, red looking liquid. which happened to be blood.

and then he was coughing again, petal after petal after petal, blood and blood and blood. it wasnt that much blood, mind, but it was enough to make his throat burn as if hed set it on fire. he heaved once more, bile burning its way up through his mouth. it hurt like hell but he couldnt stop it. he was shaking, sobbing, willing his body to stop heaving and vomiting the petals, but they kept coming up.

it wasnt until at least an hour later that he threw up an entire begonia flower, and the heaving stopped. but the tears kept coming. and they came and came and came until draco was certain hed missed several classes. and when the tears subsided, leaving only a quivering boy sitting on the bathroom floor, he actually processed the fact hed been throwing up begonias.

why? why him, what had happened, how did he fix it?

he needed help. he hated admitting it, but he needed help. maybe pansy would help.

no, pansy wouldn't understand. she never does. maybe he should just... be quiet about it all. yeah, nobody needed to know he threw up a flower.

with that thought in his head, draco stood from the floor and stepped out of the stall. he ran his hands under the cold water of the sink, splashing it onto his face and rubbing the tear stains from his cheeks. he scrubbed at the small amounts of dried blood at his mouth, watching as it swirled down the drain in a beautifully painful spiral of pink.

and after it had all drained, he went to dinner.