VIII

the bathroom door opened.

how had draco been so stupid? why didnt he lock the fucking door?! this was all his fault. he even failed at slitting his wrist. god, hes so stupid!

the blonde tries to go into one of the stalls to hid from the person entering the room, but as he turns, he steps on a slice of glass.

crack

he froze. he was doomed. now it would be left to chance at who was coming into the bathroom. depending on who it was, it would be better. if it was someone he didnt know, he could obliviate them and wouldnt feel bad. if it was someone he knew well, he didnt think he could bring himself to do it.

the steps stopped momentarily at the glass shattering.

"h-hello?" no. it couldnt be.

how cliche. the one person he didnt want it to be.

"hello?" potters voice came again. draco let out a small sob. as fast as he could, he swung himself into the nearest stall, shutting and locking the door behind him. his hands closed around his mouth, stopping more sobs from being let out. he leaned against the wall, sliding down until he was sat on the tiles, choking on his breath.

he didnt know when potter got to the stall door, but the next time his voice came, it was from directly next to the blonde.

"hey, hey. its okay. can you let me in?" draco let out a choked breath, removing his hands to speak,"n-no," he said shakily. his throat started burning. his eyes widened as he clapped both hands over his mouth once more, coughing harshly. the blonde could almost hear harry cringe.

"why not? are you okay?" draco hated hearing that damned voice, and he hates the way it made him feel. his throat burned, his arms itched, his eyes watered, but the voice belonging to the boy outside the door made the blonde calm down. his breathing got less and less hysterical, till the point where he could take his hands away from his mouth and answer the ravens question.

"no, i-i," his voice broke, "im not okay at all."

there was a pause on the other side of the door.

harrys eyes wandered around the bathroom, eyes landing on the shattered mirror, the blood that dripped from the sink. his breath caught in his throat as he turned back to the stall door as he crouched down to see the boys legs on the floor.

"can- can you come out of there for me?" the boy on the other side let out a choked sound.

"i cant, i just cant," the boy said. harry sighed.

"why not?" he asked slowly. he wanted the boy to come out. he wanted to know if he was safe.

"i-i," the boys voice caught on a cough. sobs left the poor boys throat after that. harry felt so bad. he just wanted to comfort the boy. he was about to ask him to open the door again when his eyes catch on something sitting delicately on the tiled floor.

a petal.

oh sweet merlin a petal. it was malfoy. that was who was behind the door. unless there was someone else who coughed petals that harry knew.

"draco... draco, can you open the door please?" he asked softly. dracos breath caught once more, before harry heard a soft whimper from behind the door.

"please?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper. after more than a few moments pause, the lock on the door clicked, and the door slowly swung outward. harry slowly eased the door open all the way, revealing a quivering blonde boy. his robes were stained with blood, his pale palms splashed with red.

"oh draco..." harry whispered. draco put his head in his hands, quietly crying to himself. harry gently put his hands on the blondes shoulders and pulled him slowly out of the stall. his hands still covered his face.

"hey, can you look at me?" harry asks quietly. draco shakes his head, sobbing into his blood slicked hands. harry sighs,"please?"

dracos hands shakily come down from his face and drop down into his lap. his cheeks were tear stained, his lips were chapped, and blood was slowly drying at the corners of his mouth. harry immediately felt protective of the other boy and pulled him into his arms. he didnt have time to think about the fact that this was his enemy and now he was sitting in the ravens lap. all he thought about was the way draco winced as his left arm brushed against harrys robes.

harry slowly let the blonde go, trailing his fingertips to meet dracos left hand. he grasped it softly and pulled it gently in front of him. taking a deep breath to steady himself, he turned dracos wrist over, revealing his torn and bleeding forearm.

harry gasped. draco looked away, opting to stare intently at the tiles, lips pursed and eyes welled with tears. harry was still staring at the blondes arm. he slid his thumb up and over one of the deep slits, almost in a haze, as if to make sure he wasnt stuck in som twisted, sick nightmare. he pulled back, wincing, as draco hissed and tried to pry his arm out of harrys grip. harry looked up at him, staring directly into his eyes. his beautiful, tear clouded, blood shot eyes. that same gorgeously hard steel gray that made him quiver was now softened by guilt. harry took the blondes face into his hands.

"im so sorry," draco whispered. harrys thumbs wiped away the nee tears that fell over dracos cheeks.

"no, dont be sorry... what di you have to be sorry for?" harrys voice matched the whisper of dracos. draco let out a small breath, smiling shakily as his hands came to rest on harrys shoulders.

"dragging you into this mess. you shouldnt be here, comforting me," draco replied softly, eyes trailing over every detail in harrys face. his hands slid up to wrap around harrys neck. he didnt realize he was leaning in until harrys eyes were directly in front of his, obscured by his glasses.

"if im being honest..." harrys eyes looked to dracos lips for a split second before trailing back up to the blondes own eyes, which were now level with his. their foreheads were pressed together, their lips a breath apart as harry finished softly, "theres nothing that i want more right now than to comfort you."

their lips pressed together slowly, so so slowly and softly. both boys eyes closed gently. harrys hands came to rest on dracos shoulders, pulling the blonde into his lap. draco wrapped his legs unsurely around harrys waist. satisfied with the new position, one of harrys hands trailed down to the small of dracos back while the other played with the hair on the nape if dracos neck.

draco smiled into the kiss gently. this felt so right. he didnt want it to end. harry was his in that moment, all his, and it felt so good. harry smiled back into the kiss. he didnt know this was what he wanted, but now that it was happening, hed give anything to keep draco in his lap forever. it was heaven on earth. dracos lips were soft despite the chapped state of them. he tasted like vanilla.

after a long moment pressed together, both boys pulled away. foreheads pressed together, they stared into each others eyes. draco smiled lazily. harry, copying the action, pressed his lips against dracos once more.

heaven.

but, as goes the law of life, all good things cane to an end. this end came when the bathroom door once again opened. this time however, the footsteps were quick, and the person who entered was standing in the doorway in a short second. both boys' head shot up to see who it was.

a stunned looking hermione granger stood in the doorway, staring down at the two boys on the floor.

[_•_]

wowza, this chapters a little long 😅 sorry for my irregular posting schedule, loves. some stuff went on with editing this morning and almost half the chapter was deleted. but here it is! hope you enjoyed it 💕