XIII

potions the next day was brutal. they had moved on to brewing amortentia and snape hadnt noticed the tears in dracos eyes as he bit down hard on his bottom lip. he didnt let any tears slip though, because malfoys dont cry in public. they shouldnt cry at all.

but harrys scent wafted around the room, suffocating draco with regrets and what ifs. he could have had the boy of his dreams, had harry at his fingertips, and let him slip away. draco could imagine all the things they could have done together. cuddling in the room of requirement, sneaking kisses in broom closets, holding hands and smiling at one another.

too bad draco went and fucked it all up.

harry was just about as bad off. all he smelled was vanilla and peppermint, broom polish and chocolate. draco. why did draco kiss him if he didnt like him? was it all a joke? then why did draco accuse harry of playing a joke?

harry let his head hit his desk loudly, shoulders shaking slightly as he quietly cried into his arms. hermione patted his back while ron didnt even notice and continued his potion.

draco heard the thud of something hitting a desk behind him. he turned around and saw granger patting harrys shoulder and rubbing circles into his back. his head was down and, from where draco was sat, he could just barely see harrys shoulders quivering as if he were crying. draco looked back to his potion quickly, tears threatening to spill over his cheeks. he raised his hand shakily.

"yes, mister malfoy?" snape said in his usual cold voice.

"m-may i use the restroom?" draco asked quietly. snapes eyes softened almost unnoticeably and he nodded. draco rushed out of the classroom drenched in potters damn scent. he somehow wandered into the bathroom, the same fucking bathroom, with its still broken mirror and blood stains beneath the sink. he lost it.

he gripped the sink below the unbroken mirror and stared at himself, angry at the stupid tears that fell freely down his face. he hated it all. malfoys werent supposed to cry, malfoys were supposed to be heartless, cold bastards. but draco cried. he sobbed, staring down at the sink and reliving memories of when, five feet away from where he stood, harry had kissed him. it had been so perfect, so soft, gentle yet firm and oh so sweet. draco would give anything to have that back.

"draco, dont smash the mirror this time please."

draco looked up into the mirror, startled. potter was stood behind him, tear stains across his cheeks. he smiled, watery and shaky. draco spun around, wiping his eyes stubbornly and sniffing.

"what do you want potter?" he sneered. he tried his hardest to look intimidating and uninterested, but the snot running across his lips and his shoulders shaking gave away he was just a broken boy. harrys voice twisted in what draco thought looked like worry or care, and then the blonde was in his arms, being held so tightly, and harrys arms were so comforting and this was all that draco wanted. harry sighed.

"i want you to be mine."

[_•_]
yay guys look im not dead