X

harry opened his eyes slowly, shutting them quickly as harsh light blinded him. it took him a minute to remember he was in the hospital wing.

outside of his crisp white bed curtains he heard feet shuffling and voices speaking in hushed tones. he recognized one of them as hermione.

"well when is he going to wake up? hes been out for almost five hours now," she said quietly. even through the whisper harry could hear her panicked tone. he wondered if she was talking about him. he couldn't remember much before he fell asleep...

"he wakes when he feels like it. the boy needs his rest after all hes been through," the second person said, matching miones quiet tone. this voice harry recognized as madam pomfreys.

what had harry been through? all he could remember was wandering through the halls, mind caught up on blondes and bloody petals, then hearing something shatter, then...

malfoy.

harry bolted upright in his bed. he flung the bed curtains aside, throwing his legs over the crisp sheeted bedside. he vaguely realized he had been changed into pajamas. both hermione and madam pomfrey looked incredible shocked at harrys quite violent way of waking up. harry ignored their surprised stares.

"harry! i was getting worried about you-"

"where is he?" harry cut hermione off quickly, trying to ignore the slight look of hurt that passed through her eyes at his blatant overlook of her statement. she looked like a wounded puppy. harry winced sharply. "im sorry, mione. i just... i need to see him."

hermione nodded solemnly and harry made a mental note to make this up to her somehow but all of that was forgotten as she pointed to a bed behind him, the white curtains pulled shut. harrys breath hitched and he tried his best to stand. his legs wobbled and he almost fell, but the shallow, quick breathing that he could now hear coming from the bed made his weak body move slowly.

he felt like ages had passed before he finally rested his hand on the crisp sheets that protected the bed from prying eyes. he took a deep breath, steeling himself, and pulled the curtain back slowly.

the sight made harry blanch. there he was, pretty hair, fluttered eyelashes, and soft lips. perfect and angelic and looking so, so broken and out of place on the white of the overly fresh hospital bed. harry couldnt help but think of the sheets as clouds, the boy laying on them as a falling angel.

"draco..." harry sat in a chair that had appeared behind him (thanks hermione) and took dracos left hand into his.

the blondes eyelashes fluttered prettily against his smooth cheeks. harry noticed for the first time the bandages that wrapped themselves around dracos wrist like crisp cottony snakes. they were pure white, recently changed. if harry looked hard enough, however, he could spot several small pinpricks of red bleeding through. he didnt dwell on it much.

his eyes caught on the magical, medicinal devices that whirred in hushed whispers and glowed greens and yellows. one seemed to be monitoring his heart rate, like a muggle machine, but this one didnt beep or plug in anywhere. it hovered idly above another device that seemed to track dracos breathing. he turned to madam pomfrey.

"is it bad?" he asked quietly, scared to wake the sleeping boy. madam pomfrey looked at the ground. harry had never seen the mediwitch like this. it made his stomach turn. "h-how bad?"

"harry..." hermione whispered, eyes locked on something below the raven. harry followed her gaze.

dracos eyes were open.

[_•_]
update: not dead, just a shitty person
but holy shit six hundred views thanks guys xx