XI

very slowly, very softly, dracos eyes fluttered open. his pale hand twitched in harrys grip. the steel gray orbs of dracos eyes met harrys own gaze lazily. draco smiled sheepishly, wondering why potter was by his hospital bed and why he was in the hospital in the first place but then potter squeezed the blondes fingers gently and smiled back down at him pained and draco didnt care anymore. he sighed lightly.

"im tired," he whispered softly. harry made a choked noise, tears welled up in his eyes. he nodded slightly and draco barely wondered why his smile was so watery and sad and then he was slipping back into unconsciousness. his hand went limp in harrys.

harry was about to lose it. im tired. the words rattled themselves in his mind. he gently slid dracos hand onto the white sheets, careful not to disturb the unconscious boy.

"im so sorry draco..." he whispered to the sleeping boy. he wanted to say so much more, but draco wasnt awake and couldnt hear him and it would have been pointless. hermione laid a hand on his shoulder gently. the touch brought the tears harry had been fighting to slide silently down his cheeks and into his mouth. it was all too much.

"-in the dorms, harry," harry tuned back into the world to hear half of hermiones sentence. he hummed, confused. "i said, i think you should go back to the common room and go to sleep in the dorms," she repeated, sighing,"you need to rest for a while. youve been through a lot of emotional stress," harry looked back at draco. hermione sighed once more, "madam pomfrey will take excellent care of him when he wakes up. come on."

harry sighed and stood up from the chair. hed much rather stay by dracos side until he woke up completely, kiss him awake, anything to have the blonde awake, even if it meant snapping insults at him again. it would be worth it.

harry quietly left the hospital wing, hermione by his side.

[_•_]
update: still not dead, just really fuckin sick