Chapter-2

Hermione's POV

"How-is Malfoy gonna accept me?" I really hope he doesn't. But the woman in front of me nods. "He doesn't have that much of a say, you see?" She smirks and I  nod. I guess after her husbands death, the woman has genuinely been shocked. You could tell how she didn't support Lucius involving with the dark lord but she loved him no matter what. I guess after her husband passing away, she wanted to find her son a woman who...wasn't like Lucius? So Draco doesn't go through what his mum went through?

"Dinner at 7, will that be okay, minister?" She asks me and I frustratedly nod, I've been nodding a lot. With that, she leaves my office.

As soon as she leaves, I lock my door and go under an actual panic attack. I was gonna marry Malfoy?!

Narcissa's reason sounded absurd to me.

But she was gonna pay the charges. She was, wasn't she? She did promise, she can't break it now. But still, getting married to him didn't sound appealing. Out of everyone, it had to be Draco! A boy I had a crush on starting from 5th year. I developed sort of hatred after passing Hogwarts towards him. He did call me a mudblood earlier! Teenage me couldn't understand that but adult me can, and I am hurt by his words.

I shake the thought and wipe the tear that had escaped. I'd never be allowed to actually have a relationship and marry someone I loved, it was gonna be a man who can't even stand me. Unless...

Divorce!

I marry him for some time, till my sister is cured, and his reputation is cleared, and then we get a divorce!

That genius brain of yours, 'Mione. My subconscious compliments me.

However, my mind right now, wasn't in a healthy place, there was no way I could work all day today. I excuse myself from work, letting Brandon-my secretary know. I step out of the building and apparate to the front door of my house. I walk in, remembering everything that just happened. Merlin, it's gonna be a long year.

I was gonna MARRY Draco Malfoy.

This is for my sister.

THIS IS FOR MY SISTER.

I lay down, thinking about what just happened. How I agreed to marry that ferret!

6:o0 pm:

I stand up from bed where I had apparently fallen asleep, sobbing.  I really wasn't fond of dressing up, but somehow, today, I wanted to. I leave my hair open and put on a black thigh length dress, it's a little short but I love it. I put on light makeup and decide against putting on jewelry. I put on some beige and black heels and take a final look in the mirror.

I love it.

That's what matters, if others don't like it, they can stop staring.