Chapter-7

Hermione's POV

It's been two days.

Two whole days.

After that 'incident' Draco hasn't talked to me. I went to Gringotts, hoping to see him. And I did. But as soon as our eyes met, he asked someone else to assist me and left. What had happened? I sort of had a clue.

He blames himself.

He blames himself for the war.

He blames himself for that scar on my hand.

He was a good wizard...I know he is. He...he didn't have a choice. Maybe that was a little hard for me to except at first. But these two days, they've made me realize a lot-I have thought so much about him. Slowly and slowly, I understand what position he was in. I understand the broken boy now.
Weirdest of all, I don't pity him. I should, but I don't. What I think of is how strong he is when I look at him. If I was in his position, I'd have given up on life after the war. How all the people sometimes still pass comments on the death eaters, I wouldn't have been able to bear them.

But he can.

He is trying.

He apologized.

Why is it so hard for everyone to understand him?

I sigh. Does this mean the deal was off now? I mean, he wasn't talking to me anymore. Taking deep breaths, I make my way to my office. And there stands a guest to visit me.
You know who it is.

I invite my guest into the office. As soon as we reach in, the visitor doesn't take long to sit on the chair across from mine. I hang my court and sit on my seat.

"Sorry, we haven't been in contact for some time"

"That's Alright, Mrs.Malfoy" she smiles at me. Then, she says, "I have decided to have you and Draco get wed in a week"

In a week? A WEEK? How can you tell someone about their very own wedding only 7 days before. How was I supposed to do anything?! How was I supposed to get my parents or understand I am getting married. How do I get myself a dress? Most importantly, who will go for dress shopping with me? Who will be my bridesmaid? Oh Merlin!

"Don't worry, dear. I have everything planned."

"You are telling me a week before my own wedding!" I exclaim. She chuckles on that.

"True. Sorry about that, but no can do. A weeks time it is"

"I don't think so. Draco isn't talking to me."

"Oh, that. Yes, I spoke to him today morning. He's fine. You'll meet him soon. Oh and about the money, it has been transferred to your muggle account." She says and I feel happiness grow inside of me! Finally...a way to treat my sister. It has all paid off.

We both nod, like we are acknowledging each other. "Okay then, if that's all, then thank you for meeting with me. I shall speak to you soon." She shakes my hand and leaves on hearing my words. Immediately, I call Ginny.

"What is it, I am working!" She says in an irritated tone.

"Oh, shut it. Your best friend is getting married next week!" I exclaim.

"Huh, you? Married? Which idiot decided to marry you?" She laughs.

"Dracomalfoy" I say quickly.

"HERMIONE JEAN GRANGER, WHAT DID YOU SAY?!"

"Hehe....see you at 7, meet me at the garden next to your place."

And I hang up.