Chapter-8

Ginny was definitely going to be mad at me, for not telling her. Honestly, I would have told Harry and Ron first (please don't tell Ginny) but Harry had some meeting and Ron had some date he couldn't stop talking about. I sigh as I check the time and leave my office to meet her. I apparate to the venue we decided to meet at.

She isn't here yet. Oh c'mon! It's 6:40....I am only 20 minutes early!

I decide to take a stroll around the park, waiting for her. It's dark outside and there is no one at the park. A little scary, if you ask me. But...I've been used to scary things after my years at Hogwarts. Being lost in my thoughts, I bump into a wall...a wall at a park? I look up to see HIM.

"Draco...sorry. I was being careless" I say. I had no intention of asking why he wasn't talking to me. THAT had to be his job. He's the one who avoided me.
Seeing him, fills me with hurt...but also joy. He has dark circles and his eyes are bloodshot...like he has been crying?

No, you are not asking him what happened.

"What happened? You look...hurt?" I say before I can stop my mouth.

"Oh no, I'm fine. I was meaning to talk to you. The wedding,it's in a week. Pretty soon?"

Two can play the game, Draco. If you wanna pretend like nothing happened then fine.

"Yeah, pretty soon"

"Yeah,sorry I got you into this"

"Merlin, Draco I know you are not fine. You wanna talk bout it or what?"

"I am fine. Completely fine." He continues, "would you look at the time? I need to go. I'll see you later" with that, he apparates.

So much for a good conversation.

As soon as Ginny appears, I know my death is coming soon. I can tell by the way she's looking at me. Like I've committed a crime.

"HERMIONE! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR DAMN MIND?"

"....maybe?" Is what comes out of my mouth.

"Maybe? The answer is a simple yes. Marrying Malfoy? Are you alright?" She starts walking while she talks without looking at me. I guess I need to follow.

She continues, "what has gotten into you? Malfoy out of all the people? are you desperate to be a wife? Because by all means, be my wife. I'd rather marry you than have you marry Malfoy!"

"Are you....proposing me?" I question.

"MERLIN, Hermione! I'm not! I'm just saying how I feel!"

"And you feel like marrying me?" A smile curls up my lips.

"NO! THATS NOT WHAT I MEANT! YOU USELESS HIPPO!"

What?

I stare blankly at her. And so does she, like she's processing what she just said.

"Useless hippo?" I say slowly.

"Not a word Hermione. Not. A. Word"

I burst into a fit of laughter and clutch onto my stomach. I've been so tensed lately that it feels good to laugh.

Thanks, Ginny.