Chapter-5

Hermione's POV:

"Guess I can't call you Granger now, huh?" Draco says. I feel my cheeks heat up as I try to cover it while I laugh. I guess I was Hermione Malfoy now. I look at the ring he got me. Merlin, it was beautiful! It had such a pretty design of the deathly hallows and had such deep words. Small yet deep. Simple yet deep.

'I will always love you'

Knowing it was from Draco made me happier than ever only to come back to reality and realise that it's a fake marriage.

I loved the man in front of me. I truly did.

"Stay for the night?" I ask before my brain allows me to process the statement.

"I don't wanna be a burden"

"You won't be."

"If you are sure, then I don't mind"

I go ahead and make us hot chocolate served with cookies while I ask him to sit down. He does as I say and offers to help but I politely decline. Why? Because I was gonna have a panic attack in the kitchen and stare at the ring while crying. I can see him from the kitchen. He is staring at the pictures on the walls of my family and I.

In a few minutes, I step out of the kitchen and place it in front of us as we sit down. We take sips of our hot chocolates while we talk about work.

"Yeah...he just doesn't get the idea" I sigh talking about Eric. He works with me and is my friend. He's been there for me. He has also developed feelings for me which I am not able to return. I've told him this several times but he doesn't seem to understand that. However, i do not wanna lose him as a friend.

"You need to tell him you are my fiancée, he will have to back off. If he doesn't, let me know and I'll deal with it"
Sure Draco, I'll tell you so you can beat the hell out of Eric.

"Thanks" I mumble,I didn't need help. I could decline his offer on a date myself.
"Wanna read a book?"

"Granger, this isn't Hogwarts, I don't wanna learn."

"It's not learning, Silly. It's just stories."

"Stories?" My confused fiancée asks me and I nod. I explain what I mean by story books and it seems like he heard the most shocking fact in the world. "So you are telling me there are books with just stories and no learning?"

"Yup. Got this one from the muggle world" I take out a copy of Pride and Prejudice. I expect a frown on his face when I say anything about the muggle world. But there isn't any, he's just smiling like he was before.

I can not believe I asked Draco to read with me. Am I dumb? Merlin, he must think I am nuts.

"You don't have to read-"

"I'd like to" he surprises both of us by his words. I give him a quick nod and open the first page, sitting next to him, while I hold the book in the centre so both of us can get a good view. It's a little uncomfortable but it works. Only after a few pages, our necks start hurting from the position. Well, at least my neck hurts. Malfoy looks...alright.

"What an uncomfortable position" he says. Well, I guess even his neck was hurting then.

He gets up.

He got bored. Of course he did. What did I think? He would love to read with me?

Yes, I guess I did.

This. Was. Embarrassing.

He puts his hands on my waist. I am confused at first but let out a small scream when he picks me up, placing me on his lap as he sits on the sofa. I sit on his right thigh, confused. He puts his arms around my waist and I hold the book while I feel...a lot of emotions.

"Much more comfortable, huh?" He asks and I quickly nod, not able to form words.

Merlin, I was melting. I was sitting on his lap. While we read. I wish I could spend the rest of my life like this.

After half an hour, I am already sleepy. But my eyes refuse to shut down. The book is just so good. Even if I had read it before, I just still wanted to read.

Draco's POV:

I can't believe I had picked up Hermione and was reading a book with her. Soon, I was tired. I heard a low sound from near by. What could it be?

It was 'Mione lightly snoring. It was adorable. Carefully, I take the book from her hands and place it on the couch. I stand up and pick her up-bridal style. My hands go around her waist as I put her arms around my neck. Even though she is sleeping, she buries her face in my neck. I smile. I smile for what seems like after years. It feels so good. I could feel this good for the whole year.

Even if I didn't deserve it. Everyone deserves a second chance..right?

Not me. They don't get a second chance after doing such a low thing as I did.

Carefully, I make my way to the bedroom I find near by. I place her on her bed, and put her head on the pillow. I pull her blanket over her. Should I...go home?
I wish we could have spent more time together. But this had me satisfied too.Right as I am about to walk away, a hand grabs my arm.

"Dracooo" she says. I look at her, she looks calm while her eyes are closed. "Lay with me" she softly says.

"You sure?"

"Yup" was she still asleep?

Was I supposed to agree?

Before my mind allowed me to give an answer, my legs were making my way to the bed. I was next to her in bed, her back facing towards me. I put my arm around her waist, hesitant first. I was about to take it off, but she put her hand on top of it, asking me not to take it off. Our legs were tangled together. I could feel my breath on her neck. Happily, I drifted off into sleep.