Secrets

Y/N'S POV

"And then Garnet said: 'We kept Amethyst'" I burst out laughing at Steven's story, holding the door to the house open for him to walk through. "It sounds like you and the gems have some pretty fun times." I noted.

Steven shrugged "I guess. But that's just when we're not fighting a monster. Or each other." His smile faded as he said the last part, but quickly came back when Connie came into the room. "Hey y/n! Did you get the do- Oh! Hey Steven!" She greeted and gave Steven a big hug.

"y/n promised they would tell me what you two did all last night over breakfast. But now that you're both here you can both tell me!" Connie grabbed the bag of donuts from my hand and ran over to the kitchen counter with us following her. She set the donuts down and we all hopped on a stool. Steven sat in the middle while Connie sat on his left and I sat on his right.

"Alright spill!" Connie demanded, taking a big bite out of her chocolate donut. I carefully picked one of the vanilla frosted out of the bag "It's really not that exciting." I offered Steven the other vanilla frosted donut and he gladly excepted. "Not that exciting?! You were being attacked by a giant corrupted gem monster!" He laughed.

"Ohhh that's what that was." I thought back to what the monster looked like. It didn't look anything like a gem.

"Hold on. You were attacked by what?!" Connie urged on, wanting more information.

"Well I was walking back home after school and decided to stop by the beach. But while I was there a giant monster crawled out of the ocean and attacked me."

Steven jumped in "Amethyst had spotted the monster while she was on her way to Vidalia's. She called us and we all went to the beach to check it out. That's where we saw y/n trying to defend herself from it."

I scoffed "Yeah, emphasis on trying."

"The gems and I poofed it and we got to properly meet y/n." Steven continued "Once we found out they were a hybrid like me we freaked out!"

"We were out all night because we were showing each other our powers and talking about our gems and stuff." I finished.

Connie practically had stars in her eyes. "Sounds like you two had quite the adventure."

"Yeah, I just wish I could've helped more with fighting that thing." I stared at the counter and took the last bite of my donut.

"OHHH MYY GOOOSH!!" Steven exploded, startling Connie and I. "LET US TRAIN YOU!!"

I cocked my head to the side. He got the hint and explained. "Pearl taught Connie to sword fight-"

"Excuse me Connie did what now?" I cut him off. We both looked at Connie in confusion.

"You didn't tell her?" Steven questioned. I swear I could hear a little sadness, or even disappointment in his voice.

Connie rubbed the back of her neck, avoiding eye contact. "I-I guess it never came u-up."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. My little sister? The little girl that sat on the dock naming boats, could sword fight? Yeah it seems like she's the one watching over me most of the time, but this was a lot to process. I mean, I thought we told each other everything. "Oh." Was all I could say.

We all sat in awkward silence until Steven broke it "Anyways... I was thinking that maybe the gems and I could teach you how to fight. You seem to have your powers under control for the most part. With a little training you could fight monsters like that with no problem!" He rambled on.

I thought for a second. I could learn to fight and get better control over my powers, how could I pass this up? "When would we start?"

He put his hand on his chin, looking deep in thought "I have to check with the gems, but how about later today?"

"Sounds good!"

"Great!" He hopped off of his stool and ran to the door. "See you later!"

I waved goodbye until the door was fully closed. Then I turned to Connie, who quickly looked back down. I sighed "Look, I'm not mad. I'm just surprised. And maybe a little disappointed." She finally looked back up at me. I scooted to the seat Steven was previously in and held out my pinkie "Promise you'll tell me everything from now on."

Her face brightened as she hooked our pinkies together. I smiled "No more secrets?" She nodded "No more secrets."

Hey loves! Sorry this chapter was so short and rushed. I wanted to get it out early because I have something special planned for halloween.😉