Goodnight Universe

Steven's POV

I bit my nails as dozens of horrid thoughts raced through my head.

"You're a monster"

"You hurt them"

"They hate you"

"You hurt everyone around you."

I groaned in frustration and ran my hands through my thick hair. I ran over everything that had just happened in my head for the millionth time. We had just got out of our first class. I tried to explain to y/n why we needed to leave, but they wouldn't listen. They just kept taunting me, testing me.... but why? Why don't they want to leave? This place is horrible! Why don't they see that?!

"Umm.. my diamond?" I stopped the furious pacing I didn't realize I was doing and looked to the owner of the voice that had spoke. "Everything alright?" Oh... just Iolite.

"Just peachy." I exhaled while plopping down in a seat next to the bed y/n laid in. The purple gem frowned and placed a hand on my shoulder.

Iolite was in charge of any injuries, but seeing as gems are made of light and usually just retreat back into their gem, she doesn't get much action. I actually feel kinda bad for her.

I met her when I was in her for... an injury... and she's been nothing but sweet to me.

(Art done by reddie4evaeva666 )

"They should be fine. No critical damage was done. They might have a small concussion, but I can't be sure until they're awake." She explains while adjusting some strange gem tech that y/n was hooked up to. I sighed in reply as I watched her project a small clipboard from her gem and wrote something down in a language I couldn't understand.

The door swung open to reveal two, very worried Pearls. "MY Y/N!" The Purple Pearl ran straight to y/n's bedside and knelt down, taking their hand in her's.

Pink Pearl stood in the doorway with a shocked expression. "My diamond, w-what happened?" Purple Pearl also looked up at me with tears forming in her eyes, waiting to hear what brought y/n to this horrible state.

"I-I..." My eyes darted between the two. "I can't tell them it was me! They'd probably never let me see them again!"

"They uhh... fell?" The Pearls gave me confused looks, clearly not believing my lie. The room fell into a suffocating silence before Iolite spoke up "But I thought you said yo-" I shot her a look that made her go quiet immediately. The Pearls has confusion written all over their faces, but thankfully they were too distracted by y/n slowly waking up to question anything.

"W-where am I?" Was the first thing they said. I rushed over to their side to make sure they were ok. Iolite gently pushed me away as she began to examine them better. "Do you remember what happened?"

Y/N'S POV

I searched through my memories, trying to understand what had brought me to where I am now. "I-I don't remember." The gem nodded her head and typed something on her clipboard looking hologram. "What's the last thing you remember?"

Once again, I searched my memories. "Steven and I were in our first class, gem history I think, and then we headed to our next class." I looked to Steven, who immediately broke eye contact. I examined my surroundings and saw Pink Pearl and Purple Pearl were also here.

"Does anything hurt?" I nodded "My head." She took note of that and put her pointer finger in front of my face. "Please follow my finger with only your eyes." I did so and she typed something into her notes again.

She did a few more tests like that before saying "Just as I thought, you have a minor concussion." I slowly nodded my head. That wasn't so bad. I'll just have a headache for a while plus I get to rest.

~~~Time skip brought to you by me freaking out over the teaser for the new SUF episodes~~~

Iolite had said it was ok for me to go back to my own room after a while. I was glad to hear that. I only got to go to one class and I was already exhausted. Steven insisted on walking me to my room, and honestly I was thankful. I probably would've gotten lost without him.

We got to my room and I opened the door. I smiled when my eyes landed on my bed. I immediately jumped onto it, laying on my back. "Bed sweet bed." I sighed.

Steven giggled and sat down next to me. "You should really be careful. You don't wanna make your head worse." I pouted and thought about what he said. "How did I even hurt my head in the first place?"

Steven's POV

That was the question I had been trying to avoid. I ran a hand through my hair as I tried to keep my voice in check. "Well you see, you umm... fell." I looked into their eyes that seemed to be filled with questions. "I fell?" I nodded, cracking my knuckles, which is a habit of mine whenever I get nervous. "Yup. You fell right into the wall too. Hit your head really hard." My words were quick and to the point.

Their eyes searched mine to see if I was telling the truth or not. I noticed they had slowly started leaning closer to me, making my face heat up. "You wouldn't lie to me, right?" I quickly shook my head "N-no!"

They were getting really close now. I could almost feel their breath and I noticed that they started to slowly close their eyes. At this point I was practically a tomato as I gave in and closed my eyes as well. My heart skipped a beat when I felt their lips brush against mine. "I can't believe this is happening! I'm gonna kiss them!"

"Ok Universe I believe you." They said shrugging. My eyes shot open, noticing that they had backed up. "What?! Oh! I-I um I" I cleared my throat and quickly tried to collect my thoughts. "Alright well I think we should call it a night. You need to rest." We both stood up and walked over to the door.

I went to step out of the room but stopped myself when an idea popped into my head. I thought over what I was about to do and took a deep breathe. "Here goes nothing."

I turned around and closed my eyes, smashing my lips into y/n's soft ones. They seemed almost frozen at first and I went to pull away, but they slowly started to kiss back. I was so relieved, I smiled into the kiss.

We eventually broke the soft kiss for air. We both stood there just starring at each other, not sure what to do next. I clapped my hands together and slowly backed up so I was out of the room. "Ok uh. Goodnight." They nodded, still looking dazed "Y-yeah. Night."

I started down the hall and heard the door close behind me. I didn't stop until I got to my own room. I sighed and stood in the middle of the big pink room, thinking over everything that just happened. A little smile grew into a big goofy grin on my face as I punched my fist into the air. I ran and jumped onto my bed like y/n had previously done. I sighed and giggled to myself, starring at the ceiling.

"They're perfect."

"And I hurt them."