mashirao ojiro || tinted

male reader
nsfw warning

requested

The room we were in was tinted, not by the colour of the steaming wood walls, or the blurred window on the sauna door- not even by the forced sweat on our bodies, but by the obvious tension in the air. Every boy in class 1-A was on edge, and that went for the girls, too.

Our class hadn't trained or gone out to use our quirks in over three days because of a heavy snowfall that kept us either sitting at our desks at school doing useless paperwork or trying our best to keep warm at the dorms. It was utter hell, and Bakugou (not that we were surprised) let everyone know just how pissed off he was about his quirk acting up in this awful weather.

"If I get crammed in a room with you asshats for one more day and have to do anymore of that dumbass quirk quiz shit while listening to you talk I'm gonna blow you morons to smithereens!" Bakugou interrupted Kaminari and Sero as they chatted about how warm it was in the sauna we were in compared to outside, Iida starting to scold him as Kirishima muttered 'keep it down, man.'

While the blue and red-haired boys distracted bakugou and eventually convinced him to leave with them, sero piped up again, rolling his eyes at his angry friend's behavior.

"How much longer is it gonna be until we get some real work done?" Sero complained, closing his eyes as he leaned back further against the wall, slumping down on the bench beneath him.

"Aizawa said it might be another two days after tonight, but man, i'm really starting to get antsy!" Kaminari pouted, reaching for my boyfriend's tail. I eyed him suspiciously, and he let go of it, smiling nervously.

"I think we should just be patient, there's no reason to worry if it's only about a week that we're missing. We can just use winter break to catch up." I joined the conversation, earning a few nods.

"That's true... sacrifices have to be made to reach our goals anyway, if they're in the form of missing a few break days then so be it." Midoriya said confidently, looking off into a corner of the room with a determined expression.

The rest of the boys in the sauna including my boyfriend, mashirao, chatted about this and that as time went by quicker than we had expected, 9 o'clock rolling around and bringing some tired yawns with it.

"Alright, I'm going to head to bed now, anyone else?" Midoriya asked us. I looked at my boyfriend, ready to just get up and go as I was tired anyway, but he held a firm hand on my leg, keeping me from standing up. I shot him a questioning look, but went with it when he mouthed 'stay' with a serious face.

"Yeah, we'll all head back to the dorms, right guys?" Sato yawned, everyone humming in response as they got up to head to the change room. Mashirao and I stayed put, and Sato looked at us in question, only to curl his lips into a smile and then wink at us.

I watched as everyone else piled out of the room, leaving mashirao and I alone.

"Why'd he wink like that?" I immediately asked mashirao after they left, curious as to what that meant. Did he know something I didn't?

"Well, since we're already here...I thought we could have some alone time. And plus, it's cold at the dorms, so.." his voice trailed off as he shrugged his shoulders.

Mashirao's dark, peaceful eyes bored into mine as he raised a brow as if to ask if I was into 'being alone' with him. He could be patient, but not for long. I learned this over time. Being his significant other wasn't a challenge, it was a test. If I messed up, I knew the consequences by now, and the same went for him. But back then, I had no idea what was to come when one of us made a wrong move when we had those types of desires.