katsuki bakugou || comfort

female reader
slight angst
fluff

requested

a soft knock on the blond's door was the cause of his abrupt awakening at around 2 in the morning, soft cries from the other side of the wood ringing throughout his ears as he stumbled out of bed to see which extra was here to annoy him this time. 

he crept up to the door slowly, hand hesitant as he turned the knob to be met with his best friend with her face full of tears, clearly choking back her sobs as she fell into his arms, clinging onto him as if she was drowning. 

his eyes widened as he hugged her back. she was crying so hard, her eyes were puffy and red, but all the while she still looked beautiful. of course bakugou could never tell her that, he'd look like a fool, after all, she had a boyf-

"m-my boyfriend, b-broke up with me, katsuki-h, i, didn't know who e-else to go to-!" she cried, whimpering into his shoulder as each tear fell faster than the last. then it hit him. she was fucking heartbroken.

"shh, shh. you're being too loud. damn it..." he pulled her closer, burying his chin into her soft, slightly tangled hair, the scent of strawberries and coffee calming his racing heart as he felt her shake in his arms. he let her go for just a second to close his door, returning an arm around her shoulder as he lead her to his bed. 

"get in. talk to me. what did that bastard do this time, huh?" bakugou was fed up. y/n's (now ex) boyfriend was despicable. he'd control her like no other- acting as if he owned her, trying to force her to sleep with him and anything else he wished upon a star for, but y/n was smart and never gave herself away just like that, but in the end, he had had enough, and decided she wasn't worthy of his games anymore. 

y/n sniffled a bit as she climbed into bed with the frustrated blond, him turning on the lamp to see her better. she hid her face with her arm when the light hit her form, but he pulled it away. "don't act like i've never seen you cry before...it's f-fucking okay, y/n. i'm...here." bakugou averted his gaze as he reached a hand out to rest on her leg, avoiding eye contact as a faint blush appeared on his cheeks. y/n half-smiled, mumbling a 'thank you' as she closed her eyes, placing her hand on top of his.

silence.

y/n opened her eyes again to see bakugou who was now a shaking, blushing, nervous-wreck. why was he acting so...different all of a sudden?

"k-katsuki? i'm ready to talk now..." she squeezed his palm, forcing him to look at her. he took his hand away from her leg, nodding and laying down properly on the bed to get comfortable.

"go ahead." he said, voice still raspy.

"o-okay. well...um, he just, u-ugh. can you please h-hold me? its cold in here..." y/n shivered a bit as bakugou hummed a 'yes', motioning for her to get under the covers with him so he could spoon her. 

"t-thanks." she said, snuggling into him and pulling the blankets over the two of them. "s-so, anyway...you can hear me like this, right?" she asked.

"uh-huh." 

"okay, good. well, he um...broke up with me over text. and he said i was the reason for all the bad things in his life right now..and..and that i wasn't good enough for him, and f-fuck, katsuki, i don't know what to believe anymore!" y/n brought her palms to her face, sobbing into her hands once more while bakugou held onto her, wishing her pain would subside so he didn't have to see her suffer.

"y/n...fuck him. just fuck him. he isn't worth shit, okay? you're- god, you're the most beautiful person i've ever seen in my life, you know? and- i could never tell you because of that shitbag. he never deserved you, you're such a wonderful damn girl and for him to treat you the way he did was fucking stupid." he was now shaking with anger as he placed a hand on her head, using his fingers to brush her hair slowly as her cries began to falter, then disappeared altogether.

"you're o-one of a kind, damnit. and if he can't see that, it's his fucking loss. and i never lose, so you bet your ass i know your worth." he told her, continuing to stroke her hair as she sniffled, nodding her head as if to say 'thank you' to him.

"trust me, y/n. i wouldn't have a fucking thing for you if you were a brat like he said you were." bakugou whispered to her by accident instead of thinking in his head.

oh shit.

"sorry...what was that?" y/n yawned.

"nothing...it was nothing. just go to sleep. goodnight, y/n." he yawned as well, pulling her closer into his chest. so warm.

"oh...okay. goodnight, katsuki. thank you for this."

and maybe in a couple of months, he'd repeat those words to her once again...on purpose, of course.

i think i should just write all my oneshots at 3-4am now if they're all gonna come out like this tbh :')) so damn cute ugh