いち

now playing sweet chaos - day6

the clock read five in the morning.

a new day had begun.

donghyuck was running on three hour sleep, but he was getting used to it by now.

the boy took a quick shower, and dressed himself in ripped denim jeans and a small beige hoodie that slightly exposed his stomach when he raised his arms.

he headed into his tiny kitchen, rubbing the sleep out of his tired eyes as he made a cup of coffee silently. he grabbed his backpack which he left on the countertop from the night prior, and began sipping on his mug while he did his homework. donghyuck sat on the window seat in his living room, admiring the sunrise, which gave him light so he could see his work. and since donghyuck was a smart boy, it didn't take him that long to complete it. it was around two weeks into the beginning of school, so all the material was pretty much review from the past year. once he was finished, he put all his papers back into his bag so he wouldn't forget later.

now, it was time to go wake his baby up.

"rise and shine, angel..." he whispered to his two-year old son, minki. the baby shifted around in his little bed, pouting as he reluctantly opened his eyes. he whined, stretching his short limbs everywhere adoringly.

donghyuck smiled down at his son, delicately playing with his black hair.

the boy sat down on the side of minki's bed and picked him up, cuddling him against his chest. the baby's arms circled around donghyuck's neck instinctively, finding his father's warmth incredibly comfortable.

"come on honey... we gotta get dressed for school." donghyuck whispered in minki's ear, causing him to look up from his chest and pinch the boy's cheek playfully.

"okay daddy." he said obediently, giggling when donghyuck lovingly peppered his face in sweet kisses. the boy headed over to minki's closet, picking out for him a pair of baby blue sweatpants and a matching jumper so he would be warm and comfortable all day. he combed through his hair quickly and lightly, before picking him up and taking him to the kitchen. the two shared a big bowl of fruit together for breakfast, seeing as how all minki liked eating was any and every type of fruit.

after eating and cleaning themselves up, the duo were off to minki's school and daycare. the baby spent most of his time here, which honestly really hurt donghyuck to the core. he wished he had more for his son. he wished he had someone to support him. he wished minki didn't have to wait until eight p.m for his father to be done with his shifts at work so they could go home together.

donghyuck hated it.

he hated having to leave his son for so many hours of the day. it could make him burst into tears if he thought about it for more than two minutes. but unfortunately, that was just the way it had to be right now if they wanted to survive. and donghyuck was willing to sacrifice everything if it meant minki would have a good life later on.

the morning wind was crisp when the two walked outside, minki waddling all around by donghyuck's feet. the boy grabbed his son's hand softly, giggling at his antics but managing to keep him still. minki's school and daycare wasn't far off from where they lived, so it was a very quick walk.