はち

now playing   twenty three - iu

"hold still baby, i'm almost done." donghyuck told, combing through the last of minki's damp hair softly. he had just bathed his son and dressed him in warm and comfortable clothing, since mark told them he would take them out later that day.

donghyuck thought that was really sweet of him considering he knew that he didn't really get to go out much with his son because of work. mark wasn't with them since he had left to get some food, so it was currently minki and his father alone. the boy finished with his son's hair and sat down on the window seat in the living room, sitting the baby on his lap and placing a kiss to his forehead before giving him a questioning yet curious look.

"i want you to be honest with me, okay angel?" donghyuck said, seeing his son nod obediently as he waited for him to speak. "... why did you want mark to be papa?"

and minki's adorable face lit up.

"because papa's job is to take care of you!" the baby exclaimed brightly. "and he already treats us really well and he helps us! and maybe you can be with me more if he help us more.." minki went shy as he continued talking about mark, fiddling with his sweater paws while donghyuck tried his best to hide his frown. he knew how much he was away from his son, and it broke his heart to know that this was how he was looking at it.

the boy grabbed both of minki's hands gently and held them, "... and how would you feel if we moved to papa's home?" donghyuck asked, letting out a soft breath and tiny smile when he saw minki disconnect one of his hands to wipe away the tear that had managed to trickle down his cheek. he always became so emotional and sensitive when it came to his son and how he felt. donghyuck brought minki into his arms and cried a little more on his tiny shoulder, feeling him just play with small strands of his hair for a moment.

"i just wanna be with you and papa." the baby replied, giving his father the biggest hug he could with his tiny arms. donghyuck giggled ever so slightly, kissing his son's forehead just as mark entered the living room.

"papa!" minki beamed, pecking donghyuck on his nose before shuffling from his lap and running to mark. the older quickly set his things down and caught the baby in his arms with a big laugh. "goodmorning angel!" mark exclaimed, donghyuck watching them with a little smile as he got up and went to greet mark as well. the older stood back up and smiled at donghyuck, though it quickly turned into a concerned look.

"what's wrong?" mark asked, looking at the younger's tear-filled eyes. he attempted to wipe them away, but donghyuck ended up backing up a little and wiping them away himself. "n-nothing, i'm okay." the younger replied, soon feeling mark's arms around his waist. he gave donghyuck another look, signaling to him that he knew he was lying. but before they could say anything else, minki sat down right in between them. not for any particular reason, he just wanted to look at his parents from above him.

"let's eat, okay baby?" mark spoke, donghyuck giving his son a look then watching as he made his way over to the food. the younger was about to go as well, but was stopped and kissed on the forehead in a loving manner. "... i was talking about you."

mark watched as donghyuck moved out of his arms in shyness and embarrassment with crimson spreading on his cheeks adoringly. he shook his head slightly, sitting on the floor with his son. the three proceeded to eat their breakfast, sharing silly stories and laughs and loving hugs together up until they cleaned up and where now just laying in bed.