じゅうよん

now playing reveal - the boyz

"can i see this paper?" jaemin asked, pointing to the worksheet that donghyuck had and was already completed. the boy nodded, and handed it over to him.

it had been a few months since mark had popped the promise ring question, and him and donghyuck were thriving. they became a lot more closer than they thought they could ever be. neither mark or donghyuck thought that they would find somebody to be completely vulnerable and intimate with, and still be with and love them exactly for who they were. but there they were proving each other wrong.

the friend group was currently at a café by their school, working on some homework together. mark and donghyuck had advised johnny and jaehyun that they were going to be out for a little longer than usual, because they were the ones looking after minki. because of the baby, and mark donghyuck rarely ever went out with their friends. they always went straight home after school, and only ever went out on the weekends. the others didn't know of minki yet but were understanding every time they declined hanging out, thinking they were just really busy people. regardless, the seven became best friends in no time. they were always with each other in school, during lunch breaks, and before and after school.

mark set his pencil down and snaked his arms around his boyfriend's waist, closing his eyes and deciding to take a break from the work he was doing. donghyuck stopped what he was doing as well and cooed, giving the attention mark wanted. he cupped his face with both hands and pecked his lips lovingly, making him giggle a little. the older nuzzled his head shyly into donghyuck's chest, pressing a chaste kiss to his neck. they remained that way for a little while, watching their friends copy off each other's homework. "..you're really warm," mark mumbled, leaning further into the younger. mark reached for his hand and gave it a small kiss.

the hand with his promise ring on it.

donghyuck gave a timid smile, the butterflies fluttering like crazy throughout his entire body. now it was the younger leaning into mark's chest, settling himself there before both him and mark jumped up slightly at the three people that rushed into the café.

johnny and jaehyun met eyes with the younger couple, minki in johnny's arms as the two dashed to them. "we're really sorry," jaehyun panted frantically, johnny setting the baby on mark's lap. "but i just got a call that my niece and her family got into an accident on the highway and we really need to get to the hospital. we could've taken minki with us but-"

"no it's okay, i understand." donghyuck said, getting up and soothingly rubbing jaehyun's back for a quick moment. "you two should get going now. we'll see you back at the house." the boy told, worried for how distraught jaehyun was. johnny took ahold of his boyfriend and gave mark and donghyuck a look, wordlessly telling them that he would handle him and keep them updated. the boys nodded, and watched johnny and jaehyun quickly exit the café. a moment of silence went by, before donghyuck realized exactly what their situation was in the moment.

"i hope his niece's family is okay..." jeno whispered, everyone including him looking at the cute baby in mark's arms. meanwhile mark looked at donghyuck, and donghyuck looked frozen. the memories of his other friends came back into his mind. the way they all rejected him and made fun of him when he came out, the way they just left him like that. was that what his new friends were going to do when they found out he already had a child at such a young age? were they going to spread it all around the school that he had a son and he had been hiding it this whole time?

"baby..." mark worriedly looked at his boyfriend, who looked like he was about to burst into tears at any moment. but, he didn't. donghyuck looked at mark before taking in a breath, gently grabbing minki from mark's lap. the older got up and went behind donghyuck afterwards, delicately holding his waist for comfort. minki noticed donghyuck's teary eyes and leaned up to wipe them away, making him smile a little and kiss his forehead before looking back at their friends.

"this is minki... our baby son." he said shakily, minki waving shyly to the new people he hadn't ever seen before. another pause. another moment of silence. and although they were just seconds, he felt as if they were eternities. he was terrified of how they were going to react.

but that fear soon went away, as he suddenly saw the others coo and cheer loudly while they made their way to the baby. minki beamed at all the attention he was getting, watching everyone's heart melt because of him. "he's so adorable!" chenle exclaimed, caressing his cheek in a very soft manner. donghyuck couldn't help but smile once more, a little wider this time, and look down at the baby with a soft blush on his cheeks. he turned to mark and felt him bring him closer into his hold, both of them noticing the rush of relief they saw in each other.

"he looks just like you donghyuck!" jeno said, looking back up at him and mark. that was when everything started making sense to their friends. everyone sat back down where they were before. "is this why you guys can never make it to hang out with us?" jisung asked, seeing mark and donghyuck nod. the boys nodded in understanding, realizing that they probably didn't want them to find out. donghyuck still had a somewhat alert look on his face, to which renjun leaned in towards him and gently patted his head. "don't worry.. we won't tell anyone. you have us to help you now whenever you need it." he smiled, looking back down at minki sweetly. they were really curious and wanted to ask a lot of questions about the baby, but in the end decided to not to.

"are you hungry, angel?" mark asked, seeing minki nod and touch his little stomach. "can i take him!?" the boys all asked in unison, leaving both mark and donghyuck taken aback. their friends were just really excited about their baby, and wanted to spend time with him. mark looked at his boyfriend for approval, and soon afterwards gave the baby to jaemin. the others gathered around him and went together in a group to the line to order something for the baby. "you can get whatever you want minki, just name it!" jaemin exclaimed, which was followed by the rest of the boys pointing out what they liked on the menu. mark watched them for a moment taking donghyuck's face gently and bringing him into a loving kiss. the younger giggled, leaning into mark after they disconnected and returning their attention to their friends and the bubbly minki squishing chenle's cheeks.

"they love him already." mark mumbled, snaking his arms around donghyuck's waist.

the two waved at the baby who looked over to check on them, "they really do." donghyuck giggled, placing his arms on top of mark's.

「 23:22 」

terrible endings to chapters part 827372827

so i'm very sorry for not being consistent with updating ,, i had a horrible week and i'm just not doing so good right now but i'm tryna hang in there

,, and tomorrow marks one month since my friend passed away, just a lot for me right now

i don't really know what to say other than in sorry that this chapter is so poorly written and not proofread and not really eventful, i tried my best

i just don't feel my best right now but this will pass and i'll be better soon, hopefully

you're appreciated. you're loved. and remember, you're never alone.

— áltura