じゅうさん

now playing feel special - twice

"do you think you can do this?"

"i can do it!" minki shouted excitedly, though quickly placed his little hand over his mouth and knowing he wasn't supposed to be so loud. "i can do it~" he whispered adoringly this time, though was in a fit of loud giggles the next moment because mark had abruptly picked him up and began smothering him in kisses. the baby remained in one of mark's arms until donghyuck quietly and timidly appeared from the hallway. mark gave him a smile, walking over to him and snaking his free arm around his waist. the younger leaned up a little bit and pecked his cheek, also returning a shy smile.

"are you ready?" mark asked in a quiet voice, donghyuck nodding as his response. the older nodded as well, and the three were off to the mall.

a few weeks had passed since mark and donghyuck has returned to school. they finished all their catchup work, successfully got through final exams, and studied for whatever else they had to study for. mark announced that he would take both the younger and minki out to eat in one of the several restaurants both in and outside the mall after they completed these stressful weeks of school, which was why they were going. the two had been asked several times throughout the weeks by their newly found friends if they were a couple. they always turned it down, since technically it was the truth. neither of them had really touched on that topic, or talked about it.

but mark planned on changing that tonight.

they arrived at the restaurant of donghyuck and minki's choice, ordered their food, and were seated at a booth that was by the window. the sun was setting outside in soft colors, which brought a pretty glimmer into the restaurant. it was fairly busy today, as almost all of the tables were filled by people on a date, families with their little children, or friends just hanging out together. mark and donghyuck sat across from each other, minki in the spot that was next to the younger. and while minki looked at the sunset and other babies around him in awe, mark and donghyuck just talked freely about whatever came to mind. their hands were touching from across the table, since mark knew donghyuck liked keeping some form of physical contact with him as comfort.

after a short while their food came, and the two shared what they had ordered with the baby since he didn't really have such an appetite for a complete meal. minki always left something behind whenever he ate, which was the main reason why donghyuck scolded him. one time he made minki finish everything on his plate, and the poor thing had a bad stomachache the few days following. donghyuck just worried that his son wasn't eating enough, even if he claimed he felt full and truly didn't want any more food.

mark and donghyuck gave whatever the baby wanted from their plate, both of them simultaneously waiting together until he was full and well-fed. minki didn't take much as usual, and ended up finishing rather quickly. his parents were eating and talking now, so he turned his gaze to mark, patiently waiting for the signal. he took other looks here and there, but not for too long since he didn't want to miss it. mark was shocked at how discreet minki was being since he was so small; when he was his age he couldn't keep a secret for more than five minutes.

knowing time was running out and they were at the point where it was almost time to head back, mark had to get over the nervousness that began spreading all over him.