9 - Sleeping Arrangements

Draco was dreading going back to Hogwarts.

The two weeks with Rosie had been bliss, spending every night with their bodies locked together. He couldn't bear the thought of going back to that sofa, sharing nothing more than quick, furtive kisses in case anyone walked in on them.

It wasn't just about the sex. It was about waking up with her in his arms. Nothing but her - the feel of her body pressed against his, skin on skin. He loved being so intimate with her, he craved it constantly.

"We need to get up," Rosie murmured into his neck.

He groaned, pulling her deeply into him, desperate for every part of him to be touching every part of her.

"I have a new plan, let's just stay here forever." He growled in her ear, running his hands up and down the length of her body. He caught her lips in his, the hunger for her suddenly flaming fiercely inside of him. She gasped in his mouth as he started to grind his hips against her thigh, his desire for her plainly obvious. He kissed her harder, forcing his tongue into her mouth as his grinding intensified. He felt as though he would just die if he didn't have her now. As if sensing his sudden need, she tilted her body towards him parting her legs just enough. His whole body shuddered in sheer pleasure as he slowly slid into her. Every inch of his skin prickled in ecstasy as he began the slow rhythmic movement. Desire coursed through his veins as he tried not to let go too soon. She broke the kiss to cry out again and it nearly sent him over the edge. She bucked her hips, urging him to move faster and then he couldn't help himself. He felt his whole body would explode as the intensity built, almost achingly, from deep in his abdomen. And when he hit that sweet release, he cried out, jerking uncontrollably, his eyes closed in rapture.

He collapsed on top of her, panting furiously, his body still trembling all over. He felt her arms encircle him, and his whole body shuddered at the touch of her hands on his back.

"God, Rosie," he moaned, still waiting for his heart to stop racing.

Yes, he was going to miss this.

***

Rosie

Draco was in a bad mood. I could tell from the little pulsing muscle along his jawline.

We were sat on the Hogwarts Express, hurtling through the countryside, school awaiting us at the other end.

I looked over at our companions, two second year Hufflepuff girls who kept glancing at us nervously. Draco had been less than accommodating when they had first entered, snapping at them that this was a private compartment. They had both looked utterly terrified as they had tried to explain everywhere else was full. Draco had sulked when I apologised to them on his behalf and told them to sit down.

I knew he was dreading going back to Hogwarts. I knew he was upset that we couldn't share a bed anymore. I certainly didn't relish the idea of having to go back to the dormitory where I was still hated, myself. But I wished he wouldn't sulk like this. He had spent the entire journey since with his arms crossed, glaring furiously at the wall opposite. He made no attempt at conversation at all and just shrugged his shoulders in response to anything I said.

He was reminding me of the Draco of old. The one I had hated.

Having had enough, I stood up.

"Where are you going?" He shot his head up and I noticed a look of panic flick through his eyes.

"Somewhere where I don't feel like I'm being ignored." I snipped. At the corner of my eye I saw the two Hufflepuffs exchange a look of horror at the prospect of being left alone with the Slytherin Prince.

Draco tried to grab my wrist but I pulled it away in time and slammed the compartment door shut behind me.

I stalked off down the train corridor, fuming at Draco. He could be so intense at times. It drove me crazy, admittedly in both a good way as well as bad.

Finally, I found the compartment where Ron and Hermione were sat, along with Ginny and Neville. Without asking, I slumped down on the empty seat next to Neville, sighing heavily.

"Everything alright, Rosie?" Neville asked, raising his eyebrows.

"No," I muttered grumpily, saying no more.

"Don't tell me - Malfoy's having one of his mood swings?" Ron inquired.

My silence spoke volumes.

"Come on, you guys have been through so much to be having a little spat on the train." Ginny sighed, shaking her head.

"It wasn't a spat," I retorted, crossing my arms gruffly over my chest. "He's sulking about the Hogwarts sleeping arrangements."

"Ah!" said Ron. "Say no more. The poor guy has just spent two weeks blissfully in his woman's arms, only to have to face the prospect of going back to shared dorms for the next eighty one days."

Hermione looked at him, her mouth agape. "Ron?! You counted? You actually counted?"

Ron shrugged his shoulders, blowing out air. "I know how the poor git feels. Sadly, Rosie, it's a cross we all have to bear." He put his arm around Hermione as she rolled her eyes.

"At least you still get to see each other," Ginny muttered, staring gloomily out of the window. She tucked a loose strand of red hair behind her ear and I caught a glimpse of something sparkling on her finger.

"Ginny! Is that- is that a..." I couldn't get the words out in my shock.

Blushing slightly, Ginny wiggled her left hand in my direction. There, sat on her ring finger, was a modest sized sparkling diamond.

My heart suddenly tugged sadly as I thought about my old friend.

"Congratulations," I whispered. I was horrified to find a lump form in my throat. I quickly tried to swallow it back. "I'm happy for you both - I mean it."

And I really did.

***

I still hadn't seen any sign of Draco as we entered the Great Hall. He wasn't sat at the Slytherin table and I wondered if he had gone straight to the dungeons instead of having dinner like the rest of the returnees.

I left my friends at the Gryffindor table, and found an empty seat at the very crowded Slytherin one.

It was almost like the early days, sitting here on my own, being ignored by the rest of the Slytherins. I felt blue, I didn't like being angry at Draco. Ginny was right - we'd been through too much to treat each other like this.

I looked gloomily down at the food on my plate, wondering how I was going to find the appetite to eat it.

"Room for a Slytherin prat?"

I looked up and my heart soared. Draco's silver grey eyes looked woefully into mine. Without waiting for an answer, he sat down next to me, taking my hand.

"I'm so sorry, Rosie. I was an idiot." He sighed, bringing my hand to his lips, brushing them gently over my fingers. "Please forgive me."

I smiled, leaning into him.

"There's nothing to forgive," I pressed my lips briefly against his. "I do get your frustration Draco, but we've just got to get through the rest of this year and then we can be together - properly."

He sighed, pulling me to him with one arm whilst the other started piling potatoes onto his plate.

"And that can't come soon enough, Rosie. Believe me."

We ate companionably, side by side, before heading back down to the dungeons.

That night we curled up on the sofa together, dreaming of the house we would one day have by the sea.

***