15 - The Beginning Of Their Lives

Draco threw down his quill and sighed with relief.

He was done. Last exam finished. He looked over his shoulder to where Rosie was sat a few desks behind. Her blue eyes sparkled as they met his and their lips simultaneously tugged into smiles for they couldn't help but grin at one another.

He was itching to get out of here, to get his Rosie and leave this place behind them. One more night, that was all. One more sodding night of having to share a dormitory and then he and Rosie can go back and start a life in their home beside the sea.

If he had it his way then Draco would have them leave there and then. But Rosie was keen to attend the end of year feast, and besides, it would have been a bugger to Apparate all their luggage. So they were going to do one last journey on the Hogwarts Express.

Draco practically flew out of his seat when they had finally been dismissed. He grabbed Rosie's hand the second he approached her, pulling her into him.

"We've done it, Rosie," he said, kissing her hard on the lips as students filed out around them. "It's finally over."

"Get a room!" someone called over their heads.

"We've got a house, thanks," Draco shouted back to the body-less voice.

Rosie playfully smacked his arm, laughing. "shhh, don't boast, Draco!"

"Why not?" Draco drawled huskily in her ear. "I'm the luckiest man alive. I have the perfect woman and I get to live with her in a dream house by the sea."

Rosie sighed contentedly, brushing her lips softly against his. "And I'm the luckiest woman alive."

***

Rosie

I squeezed Draco's hand under the table. He smiled down at me in response. We were at the end of year feast, listening to Professor McGonagall tearfully say goodbye.

I could tell Draco wasn't really listening. He had that far away expression in his eyes. I wondered what he was thinking about, whether he too was thinking about all the years we had attended here.

We'd been through so much. And yet our lives had barely started. Tomorrow would be the first day of mine and Draco's life together in our home. Another chapter to our story.

I was surprised to feel a lump form in my throat. I was so excited about living with Draco, but at the same time I was sad to what we were saying goodbye to.

Draco's hand left mine and he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me in to him. I sighed as he kissed the top of my head.

"It's OK to feel sad, Rosie," he whispered in my ear. "I do too."

***

"So, this is it," Rosie sighed, looking sadly back up at the castle.

It was a warm sunny June morning and they were just about to step on to the great scarlet steam train waiting for them on the platform.

"This is it," Draco said, taking her hand and giving it a squeeze. He had a lot of conflicting emotions about leaving the castle. It had been his childhood. It had been the place he fell in love with Rosie. But it had also been the place of so much death and heartache. Some memories too raw and painful to even think about.

He looked down at Rosie, his sweet, beautiful Rosie. He will always be thankful to Hogwarts for bringing her to him. His Slytherin Princess.

"Come on, Rosie," he said, gently tugging at her arm. "Let's go home."

***

Rosie

I married Draco Malfoy on the first day of September in the year two thousand. The day was picked as a nod to Hogwarts, the place we came together.

It was an intimate ceremony, on the seafront outside our home, attended by only my parents, Hermione and the Weasley's.

The afternoon sun shone down on us as we vowed to be together forever. He was mine and I was his.

After everyone had gone home, Draco and I curled up under a blanket on the beach to watch the sunset.

"I've got you a present," Draco murmured, pulling out a flat square black box from his pocket.

"You didn't have to do that!" I cried, "I didn't get you anything!"

"Rosie, you agreed to be my wife, that's all I want." He said, thrusting the box at me. "Please, open it."

Tentatively I lifted the lid and gasped. Inside was a delicate silver chain and from it hung a single cream coloured droplet.

It was a pearl.

Tears immediately sprang to my eyes as I delicately stroked it with a single finger.

"I told you we'll never forget her," Draco said, taking the necklace from me and fastening it around my neck.

"Draco, it's beautiful," I choked. "You're beautiful."

Draco pulled me into his arms, kissing me fiercely.

He broke the kiss, his silver grey eyes looking intently into mine. "Rosie, you have made me the happiest man alive, I love you so much. I hope you know, you've got me. Always."

"I know," I smiled, cupping his beautiful pale face. "And I hope you know you've got me too. Always."

Our lips brushed together as we snuggled down under the blanket, and in each other's arms we watched the sun disappear below the horizon, ending the happiest day of my life.

Draco was mine and I was Draco's. Forever and always.

The End