14 - Home Sweet Home

Rosie

Draco and I were working hard to study for our exams. We spent so much time in the library, our heads stuck in books. We knew we had to do well in our NEWTs to get free of all of this.

"Argh!" I screamed as I frustratedly threw down my potions book on the table in front of me.

Draco shifted from across the table, his amused eyes looking up from his parchment.

"You OK, Rosie?" he asked.

"No," I sighed, rubbing my brow exhaustedly. "I'm tired, Draco. My brain won't work anymore."

Throwing down his quill, Draco pushed his chair back; he stood up and walked around the table towards me. Grabbing my hands, he pulled me to my feet, wrapping my arms tightly behind him.

"Let's take a break," he whispered huskily in my ear. "Let's go somewhere away from here."

I looked up into his silver eyes; they twinkled mischievously.

"Where to?" I asked, suddenly desperate to be anywhere with Draco, anywhere alone.

It was against the rules to leave the castle unless it was an official Hogsmeade weekend. But right at that moment I didn't care.

"I thought," Draco drawled, his eyes darting around for eavesdroppers, "that we could sneak off and Apparate somewhere quiet."

He bent his head, pressing his lips against my bare neck, sending little shivers shooting down my spine.

"Yes, please," I shivered in longing, pulling my arms tighter around him. I felt him smile against my neck.

"Come on, then my Slytherin princess, let's get out of here."

He led the way, clutching my hand and pulling me along the corridor. We were practically running, our sudden need to get out of there feeling urgent.

There were no teachers around as we stepped out into the early evening sun. Draco didn't let go of my hand as we ran down the stone steps, laughing delightedly at the prospect of freedom.

We didn't stop until we reached the gates, breathless and eyes shining in jubilance at our escape.

"Ready?" Draco asked taking both my hands in his.

"Where are we going?" I asked, still laughing in exhilaration.

"It's a surprise," he grinned down at me and my heart leapt with such joy and love. "Do you trust me?"

I stood up on tiptoes and placed a sweet kiss on the end of his nose.

"With every last breath, Draco."

***

The first thing I noticed as we arrived out of nowhere, was that we were by the sea.

Draco clasped on to me tightly as I steadied myself, my feet landing awkwardly onto the sand.

My first thought was that he had brought me to Bill and Fleur's, but when I looked up at the building standing next to us, I could see that it was definitely not Shell Cottage.

"Where are we?" I asked, furrowing my brow and looking up at Draco who was watching me carefully.

"We're home, Rosie," he murmured, his eyes twinkling, never leaving mine.

"What?" I looked back up at the building, and could see now it was a large handsome white house. An absolutely stunning house that looked out to the sea. It had large windows that glinted in the evening sun. It was certainly very impressive.

"I bought it for us," he smiled, almost nervously. My heart thudded in my chest. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "Do you like it, Rosie? I know it's not a little cottage like the Weasley's one, but-"

"It's perfect, Draco," I said cutting him off. My arms went around his neck and I kissed him hard. "Thank you."

Grinning, he picked me up and twirled me around. "God, I love you so much, Rosie." He said planting kisses all over my face.

"Stop!" I laughed, playfully hitting his shoulders, "put me down you big softie!"

"Never," He said in between kisses, "I'm never going to stop wanting to kiss you."

Catching my lips in his, he gave me a soft tender kiss before putting me back down, resting his forehead on mine.

"So how about it, Rosie?" He said hoarsely, "Do you want to go and look around our new home?"

I nodded, feeling an excitement tingle all over me. Our home, mine and Draco's home. I couldn't believe he had done this for us.

It was beautiful. I was speechless as we stood in the large bright open plan downstairs living space. It was so light and open and the view stretched right across the ocean.

"I know it's not furnished yet," Draco muttered behind me, circling his arms around my front. "But I thought you would want to choose all of that."

I shivered as he nuzzled his face into my neck, kissing and nipping at my skin. A wave of longing shot through me.

"There is, however," Draco continued, whispering silkily between kisses, "a mattress in the master bedroom,"

I broke away so quickly, desire coursing through my veins. "Take me there."

He chuckled softly as he led me up the spiral staircase, I could barely walk for longing. I wanted Draco so much, the need was overwhelming.

We were kissing as soon as we walked into the room, clothes falling away as we staggered to the lonely mattress.

We both fell down on to it, our bodies trembling with want and desire. I cried out as soon as Draco entered me, pleasure ripping from my stomach, spreading to every inch of me. I didn't want it to stop, I wanted to stay like this forever, Draco and I as one.

"Rosie," he moaned my name over and over again, before, eventually shuddering to a halt.

We lay there, breathless; our sweating, heaving bodies intertwined.

"You shouldn't have brought me here," I whispered, nuzzling my head into the crook of his neck. "I'm never going to want to go back to Hogwarts now."

He let out a low chortle as he ran his fingers through my hair. "It's not long now, Rosie. Soon we can be together like this always."

We stayed on the mattress and watched as the sun set over the horizon, plunging us into darkness. Neither of us wanted to move. We were home now and that's where I wanted to stay. Forever.

***