Breaking the Rules 🌹

Third Person POV

To be fair, Bakugou knew very well that he was breaking the rules. The problem, however, was in the fact that he didn't give a shit.

It started one day when Bakugou went out for a hike. He'd finally convinced the teachers at UA to let him go off school property on his own. He had a curfew, but he didn't mind that, as long as he got to go ok his hike. They'd been locked in the classroom for nearly a week and he needed to stretch his legs.

After finishing his hike, he started walking back to UA, slightly exhausted from the demanding climb. He decided to stop on the way to get a snack. He settled on a bag of chips, which he started eating on the way as he walked.

It was then that he heard a small noise from the alley near him. It was hard to tell what it was because it was so quiet, but Bakugou went to check it out. He approached cautiously, ready to use his quirk if needed. As he got closer and heard the sound again, he lowered his hand, knowing he wouldn't need it. The little noise that he heard? It was a little meow.

Bakugou POV

I couldn't see the thing, but I knew it was in the alley so I started looking. I checked behind a dumpster and saw nothing, but when I moved the dumpster, I heard it meow a little louder.

That thing better not be in the fuckin dumpster.

Unfortunately, I knew that it was. I only looked at first, not wanting to put my hand into a fucking dumpster, but I didn't see it, only heard the meowing coming from the pile of garbage. I thought about walking away, but the meows were so small, it had to be a little kitten and I couldn't bring myself to abandon it.

I moved the garbage off the top and put it on the side, listening for the meows  and trying to follow them. I dug for a little while, with no luck. I moved a large stack of newspapers from the dumpster out of the way. Then I realized those newspapers were heavier than they should be.

I poked the pile gently and I heard a little meow from it. I started to unwrap the papers, later by layer, until one tiny ear poked out from underneath. I took off the rest of the paper until it was gone, revealing a tiny black cat. Well, black kitten was more like it. The thing was very young, judging by the size of it.

However, the size of it wasn't what I focused on. The thing was in horrible shape. It's fur was gross, covered in dirt and grime everywhere. Plus, it was skinny. Way too skinny, like it hadn't been fed before.

Just looking at it made me furious. This little kitten didn't accidentally end up in the garbage. The way it was wrapped up in those newspapers, that was on purpose. Someone left that tiny little kitten to die in a garbage dump.

I wanted to find whoever did it and knock their fucking teeth in, but I knew that there was no way to find them, so I did the next best thing that I could: I took the cat.

I knew that it was against school rules to have a pet in the dorms, but there was no way I was leaving it out on the street, so I picked it up and started walking home.

It started shivering in my arms. Made sense, since it'd been covered by the newspapers and the pile of garbage, which would've provided some heat. Speaking of garbage, the cat really smelled like it, which I did my best to ignore.

First thing we're re doing is giving this thing a bath. Then maybe we can pick a name.

My phone went off, the alarm I'd set alerting me that I was out past my allotted curfew.

Shit. Aizawa sensei is gonna be pissed.

Knowing that he'd be there to make sure I got back, I put the cat in my bag and started to walk faster, thinking of an excuse for being late.