Truth be Told

<< yes, it's ur usual, oh no, merlin is under a truth spell and can't lie. cheers, bois. i'll try to add a t w i s t of some sort. >>

"Merlin!" Arthur thrashed around in the arms of his captors, jabbing one in the ribs with his elbow.

"Arthur! It's all right! Let them take me. You'll be safe." Merlin called back, as he was being dragged away. He bled from a wound on his shoulder, stabbed by a spear.

The holder of the spear chuckled, face hidden by an emerald cloak. He looked vaguely towards Arthur, who still struggled against the men holding him still, preventing him from running to his manservant.

"You can't save him, Arthur. Don't worry, I'm sure you can find another manservant somewhere." He chuckled, tapping the end of the spear on the ground, and Merlin was dragged and thrown into a cage, mounted on wheels. Immediately the driver of the cage cracked the whip, and the chestnut stallions at the head of the vehicle started off into a brisk canter, taking Merlin away.

"No! Merlin!" Arthur's scream broke halfway through, and he thrashed around even more, calling Merlin's name on repeat.

"Let me go! What do you even want with him..." He suddenly stopped, staring at the figure in the emerald cloak, falling nearly limp.

The man laughed softly, seeming to find this whole situation extremely amusing. "You will rot on the inside, Arthur Pendragon. You will rot."

And with that, the king of Camelot was struck unconscious, falling to the ground with nightmares swirling in his mind.

<<+>>

Arthur awoke, and with a jolt realized he was in his bed, sitting straight up. He looked around, noticing Gaius enter the room.

"Gaius-- What-- What happened? Where's Merlin?" A hint of panic entered his voice, and he began to get out of the bed, but Gaius pushed him down.

"Relax, Arthur. I'm sure he's all right. You're injured, and must rest." However calm he may seem, he was scared for Merlin. Sure, his magic was impressive, but sometimes he struggled to find the ability to truly harm other people to save himself.

Arthur didn't relax, sitting right back up when Gaius pulled his hands away. "How can he be okay? They hurt him! And then they took him away..." His breathing quickened, and Gaius attempted to calm him down again, patting his shoulder lightly.

"Do you know who took him? Or at least, where you were? It could help your knights find him."

"I-- I think it was near the Valley of the Fallen Kings." Arthur rubbed his hands over his face, trying to slow his breathing. "I don't know what they want with him."

"I'm sure everything will be okay. Merlin will find a way out; he always does." Gaius smiled at Arthur, but it wavered a little bit.

"I hope you're right, Gaius. If you see Leon, send him to me."

Gaius nodded, turning and leaving the room.

Arthur gave a quiet, choked sob, curling up against the headboard of his bed, bringing his knees up to his chest. It was uncharacteristic of him to be this emotional about Merlin, but something about the man in the emerald cloak scared him more than it should. He knew Merlin was in danger, and there was nothing he could do about it.

<<+ fair warning my boi merlin's got some pretty icky injuries so uh yeah watch out. +>>

Merlin woke with a groan, in pain and unable to see. He tried rolling onto his side, but pain lanced through his chest. Trying yet again, he opened his eyes. Well, he thought he did, but he still couldn't see anything. Blinking a couple of times, Merlin not pushed himself up into a sitting position, still unable to see. As a matter of fact, his face stung a bit. Strange.