more wings

<< basically the title. idk childs i lov merlin with wings. anyways im taking liberties with what he can do because yes >>

Merlin paced the physicians chambers, looking rather irritated and annoyed. "But-- Gaius?"

The old man shook his head. "Do not, Merlin. Arthur still isn't ready to be exposed to magic. It's too soon after Uther's death."

Merlin made an annoyed sound, golden wings fluttering indignantly behind him. "What do you mean? Arthur's been more kind towards magic than he ever was."

"Yes, but do you think he's ready for that?" Gaius said, waving a hand at Merlin, meaning his wings.

"I-- Well-- Yes? No? I-- Okay, I'm not sure, but I think he'll be okay, once I explain everything," Merlin stammered out, crossing his arms tightly.

"Merlin," Gaius warned, shaking his head and arching his famed eyebrow.

"Oh, come on Gaius! I think it'll--" Merlin cut himself off, hearing approaching footsteps. He hissed a breath through his teeth, tucking his wings in close to his back, vanishing them.

The door burst open to reveal Quentin, one of Arthur's guards. "Merlin-- You have to help us. Arthur's under a spell."

"Another one? What kind of spell?" Merlin asked, following Quentin out of the tower, rushing down the stairs.

"Love spell, I think. At least, that's what it sounded like, according to Vince. You'll have to see for yourself. You're the only person that I can think of who might know a solution," Quentin rambled slightly as they hurried to Arthur's chambers.

Merlin smiled slightly. He was at least glad that he had revealed his magic to Quentin and Vince. They would keep his secret safe, and it would help protect Arthur.

They continued down the winding halls, nearly crashing into Vince, who was out of breath.

"Woah-- Vince, are you all right?" Quentin asked, steadying his friend.

"Arthur-- out-- I-- Don't--" Vince wheezed, shaking his head frantically.

"What? Arthur escaped from where?" Merlin asked, looking between the two guards.

"We uh-- We locked him in his room? But... Obviously he got out..." Quentin winced, shaking Vince's shoulders to try and make him calm down.

"We still need to get to his chambers. Maybe there's a trace of magic that I could track," Merlin said, already beginning to walk again.

"You can track magic?"  Vince asked as the two guards caught up, following Merlin's lead.

"Yeah. Apparently. I didn't find that out until the first time Arthur went missing with an enchanted object. I think it was a ring," Merlin replied with a chuckle.

"Oh. That's not great," Vince said, not really knowing what else to say. Then again, he didn't have to say anything.

Merlin just laughed.

They made it to the chambers. Merlin pushed the doors open, revealing the empty room. He immediately coughed, seeing a faint, shimmering pink mist in the room.

"Merlin? Are you okay?"

"Yeah. It's just the--" he coughed again-- "the pink dust everywhere."

"Pink dust?" Quentin repeated, confused.

"Yeah, the pink dust-- wait-- You can't see it?"

"Nope," Vince answered for Quentin, looking around the room with a blank expression.